1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc to tv graphics card

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by joe90, May 14, 2003.

1. joe90

joe90 Member

i am currently in the process of building my computer but need a hand in chosing the graphics card. im downloading of video to my hard drive and want to watch it on the wide screen, i no that some video cards give alot better picture than others, but which ones??? any recommendations??

2. awesomejt

awesomejt Member

I've had good luck with ATI cards, especially the "All-in-Wonder" series tha comes with a TV tuner, Video in/out, etc. Newer ones come with PVR type software although I'm not sure how good it is.

3. branstone

branstone Guest

The rules should be :

Usb = No , dont do it .
    Pci = not bad , not too good either .
    Agp = twice better than anything else .

Having said that , I do own a fly video 3000 pci card , but my asus tnt 16mb tnt vivo agp card beats it hands down .

Unfortunately , my newer system dose not support lower than agp x 4 . which means my stock of 2 x 16mb asus tnt vivo agp cards are obsolete .

So I bought a GF 4 Leadtek 64mb a180 mx440 myvivo , and now my videos have doubled in quality again .

Ati arent bad , but if you have any intentions on playing some of the latest games , I would strongly suggest forgetting about them alltogether .

The card I just bought covers both capturing into mpeg1 and mpeg2 , has more than enough punch for games , and only set me back $179.00 au ( australia ) .

Of course , the card would have been alot cheaper if I had bought it and imported .

Hope others can help .

4. security

security Member