1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to Xbox???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by dirtdog, Jan 30, 2005.

1. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

i am looking for the best way to transfer games i have downloaded and saved to my pc HD onto my modded xbox.

Can you tell me what format i should be using and how to get it on to the Xbox HD so i can boot the game?

Do i just save the ISO and transfer it all to the Xbox HD or do i have to exract it?? convert etc ...i dont know please help

2. Ravoz

Ravoz Member

go to www.xbox-scene.com

check out there guides.

Ill give u a quick run down,

First extract the 20-50 files from the large rar file you download..then right click on any of the smaller "rar" files and extrat..it will extract data from all the files in the folder to give you an ISO.

Download Xiso and use it to extract the files from the ISO which you created earlier. this will take anywhere from 2-10mins.

Once you have the files ur gonna need to transfer them over to ur xbox..best program is Flashfxp..but before you transfer them over make sure you have a RJ45 cross over cable and have these settings setup.

Go to network connections, right click on ur connection and click properties.

Once in there look for something that says " Internet Protocol TCP/IP" then click on properties.

Now, click on Use following ip address,

use these settings:

IP 10.0.0.2
    Subnetmask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 10.0.0.3

now turn on ur xbox and go to System settings.

Change ur settings to these:

Setup network: Yes
    Use static ip: Yes
    IP: 10.0.0.1
    Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
    default Gateway: 10.0.0.3

now just connect the cable and boot up the xbox, enter the xbox ip which would be 10.0.0.1 and ur username is xbox ur password is xbox.

3. dirtdog

dirtdog Guest

thanks , but i ve heard that QWix is good to use?? also , im downloading the file as an ISO not a RAR does that make a difference?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Nope. That makes it even better.

I think Qwix makes the ISO a folder before transferring (it can't be an ISO on the Xbox hdd. It HAS to be in folder form.