1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC vs. Consoles+Half-Life vs. Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by s3a, Aug 2, 2006.

1. DMW

DMW Regular member

yeah s3a, when they released HL2, they also ported the original over to the source engine.
    Everything about the game was the same, it didn't have any improved physics or such, but the graphics were a lot nicer.

I only loaded it to see how it looked, then had to start playing it again :)

2. s3a

s3a Guest

My Half-Life has about ps2 launch title graphics or so, is that the new version of Half-Life??!

3. DMW

DMW Regular member

4. s3a

s3a Guest

The gfx look the same to me but, my Half-Life game says it might not work with this version of windows thus forcing me to use a no-cd crack and also making me think that it is the old version. Am I right?

5. DMW

DMW Regular member

I'd be guessing, but I'd say yes it's the original. Not 100% sure though as I did all my installs through steam.

If you do get it and play it you will see the difference, same game, just a bit more shine :)

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

meh some consoles games outshine whatever BS trend most PC games are on....

HL1 allll the way...100tiems more imerssive....100 times more fun.....why becuse HL2 has iffy weapon's and ood and iffy ammo caps,and the fing phyics gun is a gimmick >> bring back the shooting thru walls lazer gun......Half life(2) jsut dosent feel FUN anymore add the last few leves...blah when I get ep 1 and ep 2 when every ep 2 has a retail relase I might chance my mind..but I dout it....
    Games across the board have gone to hell graphics have become everything..thigns like fn,gameplay AI deving...all a after thouhgt.....

S3a
    ..ummmmm the Wii remote is far from new...you can get motion based mice that work in the air....and sony riped off the Gameboy colors tilt and play..not the Wii.......hehehehehe

7. s3a

s3a Guest

Zippy ur the first to prefer Half-Life over Half-Life 2 [episode one]! *Congratulates Zippy*

P.S.
    I was considering a motion sensing mouse until it came to my mind that it would be just like a Wii-mote except you won't be aiming on the screen (unlike the Wii-mote)!! To be able to aim on the screen is the important thing about mention sensing technology!! If a wii-mote for pc ever comes out, someone tell me as soon as possible!!!

P.S. #2
    I am stuck in this part of Half-Life where there is this helicopter and you are spose to jump in water and there is a sea monster...can someone help me??! The level is called surface tension!

P.S. #3
    HL2 is so much better since you are not all alone throughout the whole game! There are big cutscenes unlike HL1!!! You know what makes it even funner??! During cutscenes, you are able to move around, it's not like ur watching a movie!! That sounds stupid but it makes the game MUCH FUNNER! HL1, is just cops and scientists that all look alike, talking to you!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006