1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC vs Xbox

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by TheReturn, Feb 6, 2006.

1. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

They should use mouse for xbox. Then people might buy it. They should also make it so we can hook it up to monitor.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  2. Neoncat

Neoncat Member

humm... Halo is about the only game that have auto aim on PC(if you don't cheat in other games) and that auto aim is inherited from console version. Try playing games that are not inherited from console. Like HL2 or Painkiller.

3. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

[/quote] After a couple of days playing halopc, I can see why you guys refer mouse and keyboard over xbox and ps2 controllers. With mouse and key board, you just point and shoot. Plus it got auto aim so 100% hit target. Look like you dont need experiences in aiming. Just move your mouse quickly to the head and shoot. If I use xbox and ps2 controllers, it is much slower to aim and I get killed by that time.

Playing halo on xbox is different. You have to aim inorder to hit target. Even you aim at the ear, you still miss the target. So if you are a great shooter, you have a lot of experiences with aiming and shooting.[/quote]

Well, i've played the demo version of halo on pc, but where does the auto aim or should crosshair point at when it auto aims?? if its the body, doesnt it prevent your from shooting a perfect head shot?? Like do you have to tweak the mouse little to shoot the head?... i mean i guess it can be a little down fall to the game but i guess your still really kinna aim but with precision instead of accuracy

4. s3a

s3a Guest

The PC is better than a console!!

Many have said that the PC is more expensive...but you have to pay more to get more right?

First of all, you can not only play games with your pc but you can also back up games and about five years later you can play emulated console games...look at project 64 these days...it's amazing...Cxbx is an emulator that takes a real .xbe xbox game and not a rom in other words meaning you can download xbox games and in the future you can play them...not to mention while you are waiting for the emulators, there are many great pc games out there!!

All of you who say you do not like to play with keyboard and mouse: here is a solution, buy an xbox 360 controller and connect it to ur comp and download the patch by microsoft to make it work on the comp!!!

Clearly a pc can (or will in the near future) do everything a console can do. (in this case an xbox)

Although, I do have and love my xbox, I still agree that a comp is better and I have almost finished collecting money for my comp that i am building

the specs are as follows:

-4 gb ddr (pc3200) 400 mhz ram
    -intel pentium 4 3.2 Ghz (640) cpu
    -80 gb internal hdd and 250 gb external hdd
    -5 fans (I will buy watercooling later on)
    -very big tower
    -1 cd-rom drive, 1 cd-burner drive and one drive that does it all dual layer dvd etc...
    -floppy disk drive
    -256 MB pci express 16x graphics card by ati (x600 pro)
    -asus p5gdc motherboard (socket 775)

I will obviously pay more but think about it....in the next generation you guys will have to buy a new console therefore paying more money while I will only have to upgrade my graphics card...back to the money factor....when the time comes by choosing the console side you will end up losing money...

Don't count on halo 3 by the 360 to beat the comp....no!!!! when halo 4 comes out on the 360 halo 3 will be on pc (better and improved ofcourse just like halo 2 on pc coming soon it will be better than the xbox version)
    Now you guys mioght think omg!!! u have to get windows vista to play halo 2 on pc but I am certain that someone will find a patch/crack that will make it work on XP!!!

What more do you guys have to say against the comp!!!
    Note: when ppl say comp they are never precise as to what comp they just complain about that fact!!!

Besides all that xbox is also pretty expensive...because if you want to play backed up games you will depend on a comp for that....i no u guys will say but oh ima buy a comp cheaper....there calculate

-comp can do many more things in every way especially gaming wise!!!
    -xbox+360+an ok comp=almost as much as a kick ass ready for the far future comp...

If there any more complaints or questions, direct them to me...

Thank you...

5. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Computer rocks!!!!! I love my pc so much!!!!! Only stupid people will say console is better than pc.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  6. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

extremely educated approach... i havde to agree it with you.... but id rather say some shit like "pc or console...lol are you stupid?" i honestly cant believe they had to ask... im blown away... of course pc reigns

7. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

You sure you know how to build?? I mean man, you should do a little homework before posting the correct specs., i build comps and yeah , the asus board supports the ddr2 and other than that wrong cpu too, lol...well newais, PC rocks still lol

8. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

If you dont own a ficking computer, so do not post. AND dont even say playing games on PC is better than Xbox.

Back to download on pc, nowadays there are tons of security check for PC games playing online. Even you get free games download, but you can't play online. Some of good games you have to pay to play, just like xbox Live.

I'm here not to talk about PC abilities. I'm here to talk about playing games on PC and Xbox.

As everyone know PC is way better than xbox for everything else but playing games.

9. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

That's a lie. Pc is beter than xbox playing games.

10. just4you9

just4you9 Guest

Hmmm PC Vs Games Console?

So all this talking was write on XBOX or PS2...NO. All of us use a PC for learn and find games, news , cheating codes and I can go for ever. Every game is made on sometype of Computer and not the Console it self. No matter what anyone says PC are the winner, you can do 100 things more than just play, and if you have the desire to learn and surf the net you don't even have to pay for new games or anything like that again.

One more thing is there a EQ, EQII, SWG or WOW for any console game? Guess Not.

Mention anygame that a console game have that a PC can't have?

Anygame can be made for a PC, but not any game can be made for a console game.

Don't take me wrong consoles games are good, for the purose they were made, however if I have to choose no doubt a PC over any console any day.

11. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

havent you ever compared graphics??? you gottah be kiddin me man, especially how playing games online , your funny man, but deng, are you playing 2d games or sum10???? HAHAHA, well, pc still kills the xbox

12. TMACRPG

TMACRPG Regular member

It honestly depends on what genre of games a certain player is interested in, however I still lean towards PC.

If you're a true FPS fan, and not some teeny-bopper who grew up on console FPS', then PC is the one and only place for you. Hell I went to the extreme and bought an adapter so I can use my Keyboard and Mouse on my roommates XBOX just to play HALO the way a FPS is meant to be played.

MMO's and Point and Clicks are also more native to the PC.

Games can be updated and patched to fix any post-production problems and bugs.

The internet options allow for larger amount of players.

And let us not forget the High Definition Graphics of PC games that have existed for the past 3 years, even the XBOX360 and PS3 will have trouble matching.

Consoles are just stripped down computers anyway; the XBOX has been known to give the Blue Screen of Death, just like a Windows Based PC!

However, I do prefer console based RPGs and Hack n' Slashes.

Consoles are for the casual end-users who wish to play most of the mainstream games at an inexpensive price.

PC's, being a multifaceted tool, is for the hardcore and enthusiasts who desire top performance.

13. gunman6

gunman6 Guest

it kinda depends on the computer type, like the alienware is good for about anygame out there...or mine...

14. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

No contest, PC for me... Personally, I like to play alot of shooters on the pc, there is no way my Xbox's "360 included" can match the gore and detail of games such as FEAR and FarCry. That's just my opinion, shooters suck on the Xbox period. Sports games I prefer to play on my Xbox, but that's just me.

15. Neoncat

Neoncat Member

Haha alienware... Alienware is nothing but fancy shiny piece of shit. I just don't get ppl who buy alienware. I can upgrade my old pc for 400€ to get better comp than any of those alienware pcs. Actually thats what I am going to do soon, because of oblivion. What? It cost just 400€ to upgrade your old pc up to date. Yes, if you know how to do it.

16. s3a

s3a Guest

how is that a wrong cpu?!! you do your homework, cpu and motherboard are both socket 775!!! (I din't mean in that in an offensive way because of the exclamation marks)

17. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

You smoking or something?? LOL, Alienware is just a waste of money, i built a pc way better than alienware under $900. Now thats saving craps loads of money, and also my pc can play any other game out there, well anyways.....

Neone know how to make a poll, we should make one for this thread LOL,
    i'm betting PC is gonna overrule the x box

18. TMACRPG

TMACRPG Regular member

Yeah never really got the whole elitist view of having an Alienware. I made a PC comparable to the topend Alienware, or better, for a fraction of the cost.

Plus you get the satisfaction of using a PC YOU pieced together. You choose how you want the case and layout to look, exact brands and types of hardware to be used and best of all no stupid cluttering software bundles. And if something goes wrong, there's only one person at fault, you(excluding DoA's). And because of that it's pretty easy to Tech Support yourself.

And so far, my experience with the computer I built, it's been more stable and less prone to virus attacks, etc. then all the Dell's my family use.

Hmm...I'll look into a poll.

19. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Since I'm not a shooter fan, I'm an RPG fan. I like Final Fantasy series, Suikoden series, Shadow Hearts, Dragon Quest VIII, etc... on PS2. But I dont know why I am addidted to Halo1, Halo2 and PGR2 on Xbox. Because I like to play with my friends through system link, face to face.

Within 2 weeks, I'm getting tired of playing halo on PC. Why? The answer is so simple, 1 player per PC. So when my friends come over, there is no way to play game together on PC. IT is suck suck suck!!!

One thing I just figure it out, that you guys like to play games online or to play games alone. You guys dont have friends to come over and to play with each others. YOu guys are so boring. That is why you guys like to play games on PC.

YEAH, I take PC over xbox at any time on weekdays because I dont play games on weekdays. When come to weekends, I take Xbox over PC at any time.

20. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

Man, have your heard of lan parties??? you gottah be kidding me, kay your totally forgetting about notebooks, also another thing is that theres patches for like almost every game that comes out on pc, so yeah, basically pc still is up there for me, and your last sentences didnt make since...your either for pc or xbox? or both??