1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC vs Xbox

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by TheReturn, Feb 6, 2006.

1. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

You can play halo with your friends on pc. It's relly easy.

2. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

this sentence does not make sense to me lol

3. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

No. I dont forget about laptops. Laptop is so limited. I wont handle games. If you want to buy one for games, yes it will cost $3,000+.

I agree with you guys that I rather buy PC than Xbox360.

4. TMACRPG

TMACRPG Regular member

First off laptops might be limited, but to say it'd cost you 3 Grand +, for a laptop that can game is ridiculous. Maybe a laptop that'll play FEAR and DOOM3 on high settings would cost 3,000+ but my laptop that I bought almost 2 years ago can play any MMO out there, BF42, Halo and pretty much every modern game. Hell it can even play DOOM3 and BF2 on low settings, and it's not even that good being 2 years old now. I'm not a big fan of laptops, but they can game for a reasonable price.

Second, I've got to agree: LAN parties. Not only can you game with your buddies face to face, but also with 25 or so other players because of the higher internet capabilities available with the PC. Hell, I own enough computers to set up myself and 3 of my friends on World of Warcraft and we've LAN'ed that like a bitch. We've done the same with HALO and BF2.

Third, it all depends on the social aspect and what systems your friends have. Two of my friends out of everyone I know, own an XBOX, and they're only at my college campus. Back home not one of my friends, or myself own an XBOX, thus it's much more fun to PC game and LAN.

Fourth, I love RPGs as well, and the PC has more RPGs available then the XBOX. But, we all know like TheReturn stated, if RPGs are a factor you already own a PS2. :p

Fifth, do I have to bring up console first person shooters?

PC FTW.

5. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

Are we talking about the original xbox or xbox 360 in this thread?? im lost... there couple differences there..actually big differences lol

6. gunman6

gunman6 Guest

Ow contra my computer loving chums, i got an alienware pc, 800 dollars runs any and all types of game, course my mom does work there, so i kinda got it cheap.

7. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

Well, I find it easier with a controller in my hand, its easier, cheaper and just all around better... With PC games you needa worry bout upgrading graphic cards and all. When playing with PC, you always have the chance of hitting the wrong key while watching the screen... XBOX controls where made for your hands... Perfect for it... Personnally i think XBOX is better, microsoft virtually made computers... Why would they made xboxs if they arent better? waste of moneys? I DONT THINK SO!

8. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

kay..... uhm... yeah, hitting wrong keys....lets see, probably kuz your terrible at pc games, and obviosouly prefer consolse cuz of that, and yeah, you have to read past comments about the pc on this thread... you'll see why..

9. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

terrible? well, keyborads come in different types and stuff... controllers are the same no matter where you go...

10. Shanikwa

Shanikwa Member

@wagsdadog

they made the x-box for people who want to play games but dont want PC or cant afford it.

the Xbox is like PC's little brother. the xbox is a stripped down version of a PC, made for mostly gaming.
    The PC is superior to the XBox so there is no way Xbox can be better.

so that gives you reason to believe that the Xbox was made with computer based technology

no not a waste of "moneys" but a way to make more money

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  11. Shanikwa

Shanikwa Member

@wagsdadog

As for gaming experience :

The button placement on a keyboard is always the same the only difference is sometimes they are different shapes and sizes. the only time ive seen different button placement on a keyboard is when the keyboard is made for a specific game.
    Console controllers are always different. you have about 4 mainstream consoles rightnow not including handhelds Gamecube, PS2, xbox, and xbox360, all different controllers.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  12. Shanikwa

Shanikwa Member

@wagsdadog

and also,
    i agree with [bold]dejahboi[/bold]
    read the whole thread maybe it might change your mind on things

13. treezy

treezy Regular member

wagsdadog

I agree with you when you say [bold]its easier,cheaper[/bold]
    but NOT! all around better.
    If you have a hard time using keyboard and mouse for games there are microsoft controllers you can buy and plug em into your PC its the same exact thing except youre playing on a PC.
    With all the new technology these days the Xbox is going to be obsolete pretty soon. Its the 360 now and even that is only up to par with midrange-lower end PCs

14. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

HAHAHA, omg, i am laughing soo much...man [bold]wagsdadog[/bold], this is what happens when a newbie comes in the conservation out of nowhere, im sorry man LOL, this just cracks me up, everyones just back firing at you, i agree with [bold]Shanikwa [/bold] on the fact the key board keys are almost alike, seriously..you get use to every game unlike, the console..like..ps2 having the R1 R2 n etc. and the xbox having a left and right trigger....cuz seriously i've played with people on consoles and they complain about the fact, " oh yeah i needah ps2 controller" and etc... and for pc, they complain a little, but they realized the controls are the same with every game, such as for shooters...w, s , d , a are like the common moving controls... so yeah, you should do some testing or try out pc and you'll see what every pc gamers means.. other than that, it depends what genre of games you like to play too, so next time, i suggest you read posts from an earlier time on any thread, so you don't get put down again lol

15. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

alrite... Maybe i said some thigns wrong... I didnt mean the xbox is all round better, although i said that, i meant that most people find it easier... As I was saying, keyboards come in all different shapes and sizes- stick and old keyboard in your computer and then stick ur new (usb, wireless wateva) keyboard in... feel the difference, although its alwasy gunna be qwerty, they do slitely change... jus like xbox and ps2 controllers, they have slite differences but they are almost the same... Usually L2 (ps2) is grenade, and jus like xbox L2 (i think its called that) is throw grenade... almost every shooter that is... Ofcourse computers are always gunnabe better, cos... well, they just are... you can always upgrade computers, but you cant upgrade xboxs and ps2s(except for hdds)... Also, it doesnt matter if it says newb under my profile... thats only cos i dont spend every minute on afterdawn waiting for new replies and shit... PC games are alwasy gunna be better, but for me and alot of people in the world we find it easier just to be able to sit on the couch and have a controller and a remote after a hard days work, or school...

Well, the thread is 3 pages long, id rather look at the recent additions and reply to them... i dont have alot of time...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Xbox and PS2 have also moved onto online gaming just like PC, consoles arent ALOT behind PCs...

16. js3350z

js3350z Member

i think console... period, but that is my opinion (except for games like Age of empires, etc.)

I am in no way a "serious gamer", I just like hanging out with my friends and haveing fun, by bringing a $150 xbox over to a friends house

I can't understand how people spend $3000 on a big box, how do you bring that stuff to a friends house

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  17. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

laptop buddy lol, and also are you jes talkin about the computer or the whole thing,such as the monitor n yeah... well..i guess thats your opinion , but again you should previously read the recent posts...

18. Shanikwa

Shanikwa Member

@ js3350z

you dont have to, these days we have this thing called [bold]Online Gaming[/bold] you can shoot all your friends in the comfort of your own home... :)

just kidding

I know what you mean tho, sometimes you just want to get together with all the homies and just kick it and play some video games.

but online gaming has gotten so advanced these days that you dont even have to do that. you can chat talk to each other via headphone set even webcams all while playing a game.
    but i understand its not like the real thing at all

you have to find a friend that has a good network (2 or 3 PC's) and be really nice to him so you and the homies can kick it at his house....

just kidding again...

and as for you thinking console's better hey you are entitled to your opinion, but i encourage you to play more PC games you will understand why dejahboi,treezy myself and all PC gamers worldwide stand by our product with so much pride. :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  19. treezy

treezy Regular member

[bold]Shanikwa[/bold] You Da Man! (or Woman)
    Not so bad for a newbie. = just playing

20. TMACRPG

TMACRPG Regular member

Well said Shanikwa!

Yeah my friends bow down to me and my chill pad. It's actually not that hard to setup a decent network for gaming. And you don't need to spend 3 grand per PC to have an experience equal or greater to an XBOX. Hell, my little gaming network consists of the PC I built myself, an upgraded older PC frankenstein'ed from parts of my own and some of my friends, and my laptop.

The situation with XBOX and me/my friends has always been we all have decent computers, and XBOX never really offered us anything new. 95% of the XBOX library can be found on the PC, and my one friend and myself had previously owned PS2's from 2001. So the PS2 covered say 4% of what the PC didn't carry. Now there's only that 1% of games that are available only on the XBOX, and we couldn't really care less.

HALO2 may be the best console FPS, but in the end it's still a console FPS. Only really fun in a party atmosphere. LAN'ing that in College was pretty sick with the whole hall getting in on it, large majority of people drunk.

I'm a purist at heart though and really really biased upon console FPS'. So much that I bought a Keyboard and Mouse adapter for the XBOX when I rarely bum off HALO2 from those other friends/parties.

Just my $.02.