1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC vs Xbox

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by TheReturn, Feb 6, 2006.

1. js3350z

js3350z Member

i totally agree, I don't play console games at all EXCEPT against other people, stratagy games I play on comp but games I play aren't as good graphics as your fps so, idk... that may be what I am missing out on

c ya

Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  2. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

hey i think pc is gonna kill the consoles again by next year lol

3. rabbity

rabbity Guest

well i personally do not like to compare the two as i use them for two completely different types of gaming, like for the xbox 360 i playfps games on live or with my fiends on split screen, as for the pc, i normally just play stuff like rome total war and cossacks.

when it comes to power, i think for now xbox 360 is maybe a little better, and obviously pc's will overtake, but the games on the pc are never as good as the best graphics cards out at the time. so you pay for a 3000 pound pc and the best game you got is fear, whcih is not that great when compared to xbox 360 ghost recon on hdtv.

4. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

well there is HD on pc's...vid. cards usually good vid. cards have HD tuners on them which is really good

5. Neoncat

Neoncat Member

Where from hell you get that $3000?

I just upgraded my pc and it didn't cost $3000.

Heres what I bought:

[​IMG]
    (I know that its in finnish, but you can still make a sense of it.)

6. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Only bad thing about pc game is that you can't borrow from a store.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  7. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

reason why you can't borrow from the store is because of the serial numbers and for internet access for the game.

8. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Yeah, I can't burn pc games. That's the only reason i have my xbox. because you HAVE to buy pc games.

9. TMACRPG

TMACRPG Regular member

rihgt682: Don't underestimate those internet pirates out there, PC games are pirated over the net everyday just as much if not MORE then console games. ;P And PC games can't be rented at any videostore, but there's still sharing with your buds. =D

Neoncat: That's a pretty nice build you got there for your money. Good luck with it!

PS: 99% of modern PC games have been Hi-Def for YEARS, as existing computer monitors were capable of displaying high resolutions far past SD NTSC and PAL resolutions.

10. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

I love the HI DEF. its soo awsome on the pc

11. Shanikwa

Shanikwa Member

12. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

Well long story. I took a month vacation to travel around the US. I talked to people at game stores where I stopped by like SF, LA, LV, NY, FL. After the vacation, I finished my survey.

I interviewed total 60 people with same question "which game system do you like to play best: Xbox, PS2 or PC"

- 23 like Xbox
    - 21 like PS2
    - 16 like PC

Beleive it or not. But that is real.

13. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Because they are all noob. They don't have the compter to run it.Go to high school and ask what kind of computer they have. They got like $300 computer.

14. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

You guys said PC game is best but it is not popular. Why???
    It is not because of money for sure. Now every single house has at least 1 PC.

If pc game is best, eveyone would spend a little more money for PC system.

15. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

well not al lot of pc games are being advertised

16. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

You see this is a problem with people. They think that only way to play computer games is that if you have super expenisve computer. You can run doom 3 with $1300 computer. Yeah it's more expensive than there $300 computer but If you think about it, you can actully save money. Now i'm not going to detail everything cause it takes forever. But having a nice computer does save money.

17. TMACRPG

TMACRPG Regular member

A large reason that consoles are often more popular today is because gaming has gone mainstream and there are a lot more casual gamers then "hardcore". These casual gamers don't want to spend the time to install and then setup a games settings and/or tinker with the computer to squeeze the maximum experience out of a game. With a console they can just buy the game, and put it in their console and off they go.

Also, as was stated people don't really realize what a powerful gaming machine the PC can be, as many use the said $300 Generic Name Brand budget machine. Because of this they don't give the PC a chance and never see what they're missing. ;D

I personally will never stop being a PC gamer. FPS' and MMOGaming via KBaM is the only way to go, the resolution and textures are always guranteed to be high and you get to sit nice and close to the action. Plus you can also use a gamepad if you really wish and there are still some games you can only get on a PC.

One day I'm guessing PC's and consoles will probably merge into one super medium. Considering Media PCs and whatnot of today, it's not too far out there to say some type of computer will be used for all multi-media type purposes.

Arrivederci!

18. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

Yeah like how xbox 360. They are trying to make 360 more like pc. You hook the 360 to pc and watch videos. Now they're putting usb. Now you can use keyboard and mouse on consoles. I'm sure in 20 years pc games will be console games. Because what consoles game is trying to do is pc. Just like now T.V have CRT enable. So you can use it as computer screen and t.v.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  19. dejahboi

dejahboi Regular member

[bold]TMACRPG[/bold]

very very convincing info., well actually interesting thoughts about why people seem to game a lil bit more on consoles, but yeah when you think about it ...for example i asked my cousin which is better... pc or xbox...well, from knowing him my whole life, he is really in the console for like forever, BUT... guess what he said... PC... i asked him why... " i think graphics are bad ass" ... which gave me a thought why doesnt he game on pc...well, i think its because of hand me down consoles and its cheaper than a pc PLUS, lottah people are not computer literate... and also i think it can be a way how kids grow up these days...for example.. kids in school only use comps. to do work ?rite? Other than that they dont know its capabilities but know that their consoles at home can play games... so while growing up, they tend to look at more console games than pc...like "gameinformer", when you see their ratings in the mag...you barely see any pc games also its in the last section of all the other ratings..which kinna sucks because the comp wont able to show how its games can whoop any console... but yeah, im still a PC gamer no matter what... just gonna wait for the new gen. pcs... just wait, it'll be intense

20. TheReturn

TheReturn Guest

This is a 100th post on this thread. I mean I'm out of words to defend Xbox is a better game console than PC. Plus I have no clan here to give you guys more words.

But I will find out the outstanding parts of xbox that PC can't have.