1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC WONT START UP. HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by drako17, Oct 31, 2007.

1. drako17

drako17 Regular member

OK ITS NOT MY COMPUTER. ITS A FRIEND OF MINE'S. OK EVERYTHING POWERS UP. THE VIDEO DONT TURN ON. AFTER ABOUT 3 SECS THAT THE COMPUTER IS ON IT STARTS BEEPING. THE VIDEO NEVER STARTS. LIKE IF THERES NO SIGNAL TOWARDS THE MONITOR. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK IT IS?

2. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

First of all, you will get killed for all caps messages. Second of all, could be RAM. If you are only running one stick, try and borrow another stick of the same type, take out the one you currently have and then try to start it up with the one you borrowed. If you have two sticks to start with, take out one, try to start up, if that fails take out the other and put the first back in. Other than that it might be a video card error, try taking it out and reseating, make sure the slot is free from dust first.

3. drako17

drako17 Regular member

sorry about the caps. well ive put differnt ram on it. i had 2 different sticks. one was inside. and the other one i owned. the comptuer belongs to a friend of mine. on the memory that i pulled from the computer. it show 2 of the gold pins were burned. could that have cause the motherboard to fry? as far as the video its an onboard one. it can hold an agp but i only have 2 extra pci express cards. the beeping sound beeps every 6 secs. incase you all were wondering

4. fused123

fused123 Member

dont no if this is any help to u but i had the same problem, it turned out to be that the ram was not sitting right. was the mother board that was the prob, not the ram. it took me about an hour of head banging strees and alot of fidling but evenually i found a position that it was happy with! i havent dared touch it since...

5. drako17

drako17 Regular member

its not a custom build. its compaq. ive disconnected everything and reconnected it. ive reset the bios with the pins on the motherboard but still no luck. i cant get the video to boot up and that sound is pretty anoying. ive tired 2 different ram stick and no luck. im already thinking of tell my friend to build his own. for like 2 hundred dollars.

6. fused123

fused123 Member

i think i was lucky to get mine working again. i would say to build a new one aswell, thats what im planning on doing

7. pirate4

pirate4 Member

not sure how much help this will be but each computer has beep codes to help you identify errors if you can find what your computer beep codes mean it may tell you something about the problem.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Burned pins certainly isn't a good sign. Find out what the beep codes mean, via the link that DDP posted.

10. drako17

drako17 Regular member

thanks for you all's help. my friend decide to pull everything from it and just start building a new one. he took out the cpu the heatsink and everything that goes in the computer. i told him that it was the ram and he just decided to build one. he said he needed a major upgrade of comptuer. i agree with him. lol