1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pcchips audio drivers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by hogan, Jan 4, 2005.

1. hogan

hogan Regular member

I have a friend who had to reformat her hd and lost all her drivers. I found all but the Audio drivers. It is a pcchips 810d v.7.5a mobo. I went to the pcchips web site. What a mess there. I couldn't find what I need. Can anyone help me find the audio drivers. I haven't seen the mobo, I just had her read what was written on it. So all I know is, it is a pcchips 810d v7.5a mobo. Thanks in advance for the help I always get here.
    Hogan

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. hogan

hogan Regular member

Thanks, I'll give it a try. But it doesn't say it supports windows xp. I'll let you know if it works.

4. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Hi, if you can't get your drivers to work from there. I'd recommend trying to go to the chipset manufacturers website, sometimes they may have what you need, especially since it's onboard. I'm not sure what the chipset is on that board? Sis maybe? Dunno.

I had one PC Chips motherboard and I swear I will never use or let anyone else I know use one again. Just thinking about that thing gives me a headache.

5. hogan

hogan Regular member

I haven't had a chance to look at the mobo. I should tomorrow, but I think it is SIS. I'll check their site and download anything that looks like it might work. I'm looking for a xp version. Thanks for the advice and help.

6. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Ok, ddp's driver link should work. I'm fairly sure that is the correct driver. The release date says 10/15/2004 so it should work with XP (Unless PC Chips are complete morons).

I'm thinking maybe they just never update their website. I still see on some pages a christmas banner on top that hasn't been removed. I think when they updated that they just forget to change the Win95, NT4.0 and Win 98 to "All Windows Series" as it is the latest update of all the drivers.

7. hogan

hogan Regular member

I found four different drivers. Two on the pcchips site and two on the sis site. I'll just keep trying till I get one that works. I guess it wont hurt if I get the wrong one. I'll let you know how it works out.
    Thanks again.

8. hogan

hogan Regular member

NO LUCK. This is getting on my nerves. I tried every driver I could find with no luck. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

9. ddp

10. hogan

hogan Regular member

Thanks a ton ddp. I downloaded the drivers and will give then a try tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out.

11. hogan

hogan Regular member

It took awhile to try out the drivers but they worked. Thanks much for the help.

12. ddp

no problem, teach & learn