1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pcsxbox bios files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Satanspet, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Satanspet

Satanspet Guest

hey there i just downloaded pscxbox emulator and it loads and stuff but whenever i go to load a game it asks me for a D:\bios file of some sort. then i did more reading and found out i need to download bios files or something:S? where can i get these and how do i do it? thanks guys! :D

Chris

2. theridges

theridges Guest

i pm'ed you with help my friend....

3. Satanspet

Satanspet Guest

shot you a few replys back :p

4. Satanspet

Satanspet Guest

ok guys so i got the bios files and put them in the bios folder in the pcsxbox directory. that should be all i have to do right? but the games still arent loading i have tried .iso .img and .bin and cue got no where yet it still looks to D:\bios\ for the files it wants/needs to run . i then burnt a cd that had a bios directory so it could look there and i had all the files in it and still no dice. what am i doing wrong? thanks a bunch!

5. Satanspet

Satanspet Guest

bump. surely someone knows please guys i am desperate lol i need to play final fantasy 7 and 8 again and my CDs are messed up beyond belief (not playing the bull shit card about broken disks for back up either they are actually broken) any help would be great . i recently learned from searches on google that D:\ is the root directory of the program in this case so i pointed all the paths back to that as opposed to E:\emulators\psx\bios however this D:\bios is the bone stock way it comes and i still have no luck.

Thanks for n e help or ideas

Chris

6. theridges

theridges Guest

i will put the emulator on my xbox and get back to you tonight....ok i got your answer you have the PSX emulator on the HD but are putting the psx games on cd and trying to boot them...you will need to put the bin/cue files for the psx games in the emulator folder on your pc along with the bios files and then create and Xiso with the emualtor folder along with the games/bios's to make the game boot off of the CD.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  7. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

where did u get the bio files from, and the bin/cue files? ive been looking for hours

8. theridges

theridges Guest

Torrent sites....

9. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

ok, i was able to convert iso files of my games into .bin/.cue format but even after i put it into the system and load the .bin file, it gets to the loading screen and just doesn't work, any solutions?