1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCSXBox - Black Screen

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by handsom, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. handsom

handsom Regular member

I haven't had much luck getting answers to these kinds of questions as of late; but I figure I'll give it a go.

I've got a softmodded xbox, with XBMC as my main dashboard, and it has been a great little unit for quite some time.

I'm trying to run som of my old favorites on PCSXBox, and I've run into an error.

It seems that a number of games, which are on the compatibility lists as being absolutely fine; are just giving me a black screen, and the system stops completely. The power light stays on, but by using a Logitech wireless controller, I can tell it is no longer even accepting signal input from controllers.

I've had this happen on Pong, to name one(The Atari 3D remake, one of the easiest games to emulate, due to it's simplistic cartoon graphics); yet others which are much harder to emulate, such as Legend of Mana, Legend of Dragoon, the Final Fantasy Games, and even Gran Turismo 2 all run perfectly fine.

Can anyone offer me some suggestions on this? I thought I might be making the image wrong from my original disc, so I have even tried a couple other versions I have found, to no avail.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.