1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pdf converters

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Veetz, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Veetz

Veetz Member

What is the best pdf converter?

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

To or from pdf?

3. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Foxit is better than adobe IMHO

4. Veetz

Veetz Member

Well I have had a PDF converter from Nuance since 1999. It was version four. Then it was upgraded to version five. I lived with it for several years but this version was not very much better than version four.

I then Googled PDF converters and I found a version six after having been bombarded by Nuance to upgrade to version seven. But there was so very little information as to how much better it was than what I already had. So I ignored and deleted all the ads from Nuance.

Then I upgraded to version six which I got from the seller for $39.00 with free shipping and no tax. It turned out to be the Enterprise version with many additional features. What a difference!!!

So thanks for your reply.

5. JimGeek

JimGeek Member

I use PDF Converter - online web-based document to PDF converter software.

6. Methalin

Methalin Member

Nitro PDF Professional is very good... under tests it was four times as fast as Adobe at converting big docs, according to this review (where it wins an award). You do pay for that though, it isn't cheap (although there is a free trial of the program so you can see for yourself).

7. Veetz

Veetz Member

The trial version of this software has been tried too. It is indeed very swift but what was needed here in the office were features which would allow a wide variety of editing. The Enterprise Version satisfied all of the office needs. This version enabled the editing of twenty two page legal briefs with no trouble at all.

Then within the PDF format the briefs would get to the interested parties in seconds. There are many free downloads available on the net too. A few of them were tried but none of them can equal the Enterprise Version by Nuance. The application is safe and trouble free and it does not have any negative affect on the hard drive.

8. JohnRocks

JohnRocks Member

I don’t have any converter installed in my pc to convert excel/word file to pdf. Whenever I need, I convert it online. There are various website, they provide free excel/word to pdf converting facility online.

9. Veetz

Veetz Member

To convert excel and word only to PDF is fine for some users. But for those who use a computer system for business purposes it is insufficient. Besides any time a user goes on line and performs any operation at all, the entire content a document can be saved in a drum somewhere. At that point the user has no idea how that information will be acted upon or where else it will go.

Because it is so easy for anyone who is computer savvy to access information that has been trapped on line and use it to satisfy any particular need, it is best to get a good and safe application.

10. ChrisHeaney

ChrisHeaney Member

I have the Nuance PDF Converter 6 software and cant get the French language conversions to work properly. As far as I know, Ive set the language to "French" but I lose all the accents. Can anyone tell what or if Im doing wrong?

11. ozy

ozy Regular member

Try pdffactory pro. Its not free but very easy to use. If you have a document open just click file print, choose the pdffactory pro printer and thats it.

12. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

yawns .. don't you know that open office will export documents in pdf.. for FREE!!

13. krad32

krad32 Member

Their are different sites that offers pdf converter also their are online pdf converter available. Just search pdf converter online Google will give you different website that you can use.