1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentium D-940 Brand New w/cooler $75

Discussion in 'Sell your stuff' started by theonejrs, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

This is a Brand New replacement 3.2GHz D-940, in the box with new stock cooler. It was knocked out by a bad motherboard, that took the CPU with it when the MB failed. This would be a nice upgrade for someone with an older socket 775 P4 or Celeron. I was going to replace the MB and put it back together, but an opportunity came along to go with an AMD 64x2 4800+, which is a step up from the D-940. It was cost effective for me to do this, so I now have a D-940 for sale.

I've checked around the net for pricing and the best price I found was around $100 for a bare OEM Processor. I think that $100 would be a fair price for a Brand New, in the box processor! It has 4MB (2x2MB) L2 Cache and can be overclocked to 3.7 and above easily. Even higher with a higher end MB and a good cPU cooler! I know you can buy an E2180 for around $75, but it won't work in a lot of older motherboards. Very good processor for the money!

Edit: I discovered a source on the internet that's selling the OEM version for $75, so I'm going to drop the price to $75!

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.