1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who have copied TNG, DS9 or Voyager

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matts0344, Mar 11, 2005.

1. matts0344

matts0344 Member

Would someone be able to tell me how large the main DVDs of these series are? (A full disc backup)

Or how much compression is required to fit them on one DVD5?

I'd like to do a full disc backup of these series with DVD+R DL
    discs but I don't want to spend $200+ on DVDRs.

I also don't want to split the DVDs, because that would be 100 DVDs per series. 50 is a lot better.

(when do you think DL will become affordable? .75 each for example)

I searched for this stuff but could not find these details, if you can, please let me know.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Do you own the DVDs in question? If so, why not check for yourself? Sounds like someone plans to have a rental blowout.

You may want to hold off on the DL backup idea. You might as well buy two of each set.

4th possibly 3rd quarter looks like a good time for DL to come down in price(more and more manufacturers are coming out with dl media), but nothing is for sure.

3. madgreek

madgreek Guest

What I do on these to keep good picture quality is I put 2-3 episodes per disk. You will loose the menu's and things but who cares. Otherwise its going to cost you a lot for double layers. Splitting seems like the only option. You could compress them down to nothing. But it will look choppy. It would require like 45-50 compression rate.

4. giraff36

giraff36 Member

yes ive copied voyager and it decompresses to around 50percent do a little reauthoring by taking out the language options sometimes i disable through nero recodes disable function . i use shrink decrpyter or recode decrypter