1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***People with no lives Support thread**

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by tripplite, Jul 7, 2008.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

It's been missing for a few weeks.. just caused continual page loading until it timed out with broken link ;)

I commented on it about a week ago in another thread.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i didn't have a problem at all seeing it.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

other side of the pond here, and an isp that is starting to run a china type firewall.

4. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Alone - roll on September, i haven't been alone for months!

5. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

this is exactly what i was thinking as i was reading through..

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Varnull

Must be that darn Linux OS! :p The eyes have always been watching you. He sees you when you're sleeping.....LMAO

7. iSApache

iSApache Member

my sad life beats all:
    I have been out of school for 3 years had only one job and lost it 2 years ago because of new management, i've done nothing since then except play xbox live,watch anime,and other unmentionables. all i've ever dreamed of doing can never happen because it's about 100 years to soon for me to wish it(Technology to primitive) or most of all i dream of living in a another life like that of a game or anime(and no not the main character of the game or anime, just a side character) becuase my life is horrible. I still cant get a job the economy sucks real bad in arkansas, i tried to join the military and failed due to a physical problem with my knees. So now im trying to find a way to somehow get into college for at least my associates degree in Network Engineering but preferably a bachelors degree so i can go work for Bungie or Ubisoft Studios...but sigh -_-' if i cant get a job... i cant do that neither.

But i live on nonetheless and i keep trying and hoping but hope runs thin after several years of failures...

Rate my life on a scale from -10 through 0

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@iSApache

I hate to be cruel, but you've been out of a job for 2 years and have sat your ASS on a sofa playing video games and watching movies and feeling sorry for yourself. Get off your butt and get your head cleared up and find some menial job if it's only selling fries in a box. Who's paying for all the games and movies? It's a big bad world out there and there are opportunities. Obama won't bring you or anyone else like you, any hope. That my friend you have to supply yourself-it's called ambition and they don't hand checks out for that. You are presently living in one of your video game's life now.

you haven't enough life to rate it yet.

And if your screen name means you're part American Indian then join the club, so am I. I've been going to college or working since 1964.

9. varnull

varnull Guest

I remember when Brandon was saving up to go to college he was mowing lawns and doing yard work.. He was doing so well at it he actually had to decide whether to go to college or just keep on earning good money doing yards and washing cars and stuff...

The rest speaks for itself.. Nobody will give you a future.. you have to get out there in the street and show people what you got. It's a big world.. do you have thumbs?

Garmoon my friend.. How is it all going. I was worried about you and yours during storm season. I saw some frightening pictures of your locality. Good election result. Great prospects for a new direction and future... just need to get some anti-people church nutjobs under control (California result today is horrendous for rights and equality.. Makes it look like the constitution isn't worth the paper it is written on) and the vested interests made to tell the truth or shut up and things might get better.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@varnull

we are good. my wife canceled my vote, but the daughter added mine back. Obama didn't carry my state, but we have a whole lot of those church nutjobs. California is a whole new definition of idiocrasy. Don't look for a lot of changes in the US it's business as usual.

as for the storms, there's another in the Caribbean trying to organize, but the cool fronts that come thru this time of the year will protect us. I finally downloaded some of the pix from the storm I'll try to post some in my shout box later.

And yourself?

11. varnull

varnull Guest

Good to hear everything is business as usual. It's pretty much the same here. Stinking cold.. streaming eyes, sneezing, headache, the full monty :) and in the week I started a new job just to cap it all off nicely. It's not going to get me down.. I had a revelation while traveling on Friday right on top of a panic attack.
    I have got so used to wearing a tatty old army coat and jeans when I'm out that wearing my posh gear and warpaint was slightly strange. Anyway.. I was in the middle of this huge station changing trains trying to find where they have moved the platforms to, among the crowds of morning rush hour suits and it was all a bit much..
    Heart started racing and the urge to run out screaming was barely under control when I caught sight of a tall smartly dressed woman standing confidently among the general panic reflected in a blacked out window. Didn't recognise myself for a good 5 seconds.. and then it clicked. I saw me as others see me.. and the old lacking in confidence and shy nervous person I had become vanished along with 10 years of insecurity and depression.. Since then I have been unstoppable. I'm possibly still a little in shock.. I haven't felt like this for years and years...
    Probably get hit by a bus in the next few days.. the eternal pessimist.. impossible to be disappointed if you expect the worst.... LOL.

12. iSApache

iSApache Member

yeah the reason i posted that i because i had to get that off my chest..
    i am getting a job and i am going to be attending college in a few months, learning japanese at the same time and i cant stand video games anymore they bore me to death... so yeah im moving on from couch potato to couch snoozer in the evenings...lol

13. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Good for you! Just take it one step at a time, don't try to push yourself too hard at first, it will take a while to get used to being back out there!

Best of luck with it all! :)

14. Morganell

Morganell Member

I've been experiencing multiple system crashes while running any full screen game. In the past, I've had my video driver fail. Don't worry I've updated that. Actually I just reformatted my system because I thought a fresh OS would help. Basically it's been a toss up as far as whether my driver will crash or the system locks up now. HELP ME PLZZ

MSI K9A2-CF AM2+
    AMD Athlon x2 6400 3.2 ghz
    4 GB A-DATA RAM
    RAID 0 2x 640 WD HD's
    Saphire Raedon 4870 512mb
    Corsair 750W Single Rail PSU

Thanks guys

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

16. varnull

varnull Guest

I think it's time for a "post your random crap anywhere" competition.. with an AD mug for the most random and inappropriate new topic or post in completely the wrong place. hehehehehe

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Hooray, I'll buy 2 mugs one to keep, and one for the prize! Or do only the MODs get to have mugs. It would seem to be a good form of advertisement for AD. Could have Western, European and Asian shipping Centers. Work on that Creaky. Maybe iSAPACHE can be the US distributor of record and would find himself employment.

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'll have you all know that i do post random crap all over the site and i have an AD mug to prove it :p

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i got 1 too!!!!!!

20. varnull

varnull Guest

Have or are?..

**wicked cackles**