1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PERFECT DVD HIGH QUALITY MPEG2

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by SNAKE101, Mar 27, 2003.

1. SNAKE101

SNAKE101 Guest

I took one of my movies and ripped it with smart ripper, then used Merge Deluxe v1.0 to merge my vob files together (note only 2 merged together at a time) I didn't merge all of them together instead i opened tempeg and for video and audio source i set it to all files and grabbed my merged files one at a time and converted them to mpeg2 WITH ACTUAL DVD QUALITY ! (NO LOSS) ......................OK MY QUESTION ARE THERE ANY TOOLS AVAILABLE TO COMPRESS MY FINAL MERGED MOVIE.MPEG ? IT IS STILL ABOUT 4 GIGABYTES. MY GOAL IS TO MAKE ABOUT 5-10 COMPRESSED MPEGS AND MAKE A MENU AND BURN IT TO DVD+R USING AHEAD NERO ! ANYONE WHO CAN HELP , IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ! I AM ALSO WILLING TO SHARE ANY AQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF DVD BURNING ! SO FAR TEMPEG IS THE BEST VOB TO MPEG2 CONVERSION TOOL I HAVE FOUND !

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Warnin', Caps lock on= SHOUTING! Please edit your post or I will. If you wan't to "encrypt" your vob files after dvd rippin', use DVD2One.
    If you wan't to convert to SVCD (MPEG2)to cd-r, I recommend this guide.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=8e1f7017dd365d1f9df0d34683409e76&threadid=59484
    If you wan't to backup dvd2dvd-r , I recommend this guide.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=8e1f7017dd365d1f9df0d34683409e76&threadid=62671
    CCE is highly recommended for encoding MPEG2 format, TMPEnc for MPEG1. CCE is the fastest of the 2.

Shoey

3. SNAKE101

SNAKE101 Guest

Sorry about the caps ! This still doesnt answer my question my mpeg files have a perfect dvd quality but they are just to big i need some good info on how to compress them further without loosing the quality i have so strived for .

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

SNAKE101,
    I answered your question by recommending another route to backup SVCD. You're taking "the long way home" and if you try the guides I provided, you'll find the methods [bold]much[/bold] easier than the route your going.

Shoey