1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perfect picture but no sound

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by becmarie, Dec 8, 2005.

1. becmarie

becmarie Guest

Hi All,

You have all been so helpful in the past I'm hoping you can help me now. I am at a complete loss. Here's the problem, I had to reinstall windows and since that install I am unable to play DVD's on my computer. Well actually the DVD's play just fine there is just NO sound. Music CD's play just fine so I know I don't have it muted or something totally blond like that.

I have been trying to figure out what else it could be and I think it has something to do with either Codec or Decrypter or both. I really don't have a clue exactly what these things do only that I think I'm suppose to have them or down load them or something. I've tried reading up on them but I just don't get it.

Please, if you could just tell me what I should do or download I would greatly appreciate it.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Well, you may only be missing some codecs. Try download and install K-Lite Codec Pack (full or mega version) from this site and see if you can get your sound back.

Good luck!

3. becmarie

becmarie Guest

After weeks of sturggling I now have sound! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!! I appreciate that you took the time to post a response so quickly!

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

No problem. Happy DVD viewing!