1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance question

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by clay7676, Mar 4, 2007.

1. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

and one more thing with my amd 4200 vista and 1gb of RAM--- playing games, mozzlilla, AIM, and music at the sma time, you would say that adding another one gb RAM would make a huge diffrence-- meaning running more smoothly and being able to switch QUICKER

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  2. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

anyone?

3. elokito

elokito Regular member

YES IT WILL! jesus! how many times do we have to say it + its just common sense

4. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

lol ok don't loose your temper i'm just trying to make sure i don't wanna waste my money but can you answer my other post here it is:

ok, well i have 1gb of RAM right now and i'm not sure if it's dual channel. how can i find out if it is? it's 2 sticks of 512 so i think it is but not sure. and if i bought another two sticks of 512 would it have to be the same kind to keep dual channel going or could it be diffrent? and i'm not sure if it's IDE SATA or whatnot but if it is how can I improve the performance with my hard drive

5. elokito

elokito Regular member

i have my sticks all of different brands and i have dual channel 2 sticks of 512 and 1 of 1gb

assuming u have 4 slots of ram 4 it to be dual channel there must be 1 of 512 on the 1st slot and one of 512 on the 3rd slot if u have 4 sticks then yes it would enable dual channel if ure motherboard isnt old

to speed up hard drive defragment it dnt use the cheap built in one of windows use o&o defrag google it

i wasnt loosing my temper and stop double posting so ure thread gets to the 1st page and edit ure comments

6. clay7676

clay7676 Regular member

alright sorry about that other comment

I have windows vista on my current machine and I was wondering if i will get improved performance by downgrading from vista to XP. Because I've noticed that switching from program to program including games is not as fast as it might seem on XP, and might be a little slower also. Sure you could say i need more RAM and a new CPU, but besides that would downgrading dramaticly increase the way i can switch from games to the desktop or will it not make a diffrence?

7. elokito

elokito Regular member

yes it will but gettin another 1gb of ram will solve that issue and let u keep vista and make ure games faster if u dnt want to spend money on ram then yes gettin xp will improve performance

Last edited: Mar 11, 2007
  8. avlanche

avlanche Member

Tbh,DULA CHANNEL doesn't make that big difference,i mean if u buy a RAM now & add an extra slot later & run in single channel that will also be fine.Its hardly noticeable,i mean DUAL CHANNEL just score few more points but u won't see a drastic performance change.For example if u use 2X512MB of memory sticks in DUAL CHANNEL that doesn't make a difference & if u use 2X1GB of memory in SINGLE CHANNEL,sure it will show u performance upgrade.