1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perseus

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by loaded, Sep 3, 2002.

1. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

OK, so we are done with that guy anyway.

But you got to admit, he deserved it!

We were only trying to help.

'The ignorance is strong in this one, Skywalker...'

(OK, so I'm no stranger to ignorance, but at least I am not rude to people trying to help me!)

Paul.

2. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Oh poo...... I seem to have missed this one entirely. Ratz.

(Did anyone get beat up?) :)

-- Mike --

3. loaded

Did you go to the post and see? it was fun!

Paul.

4. A_Klingon

I'm not sure I got the right one or not, loaded!

(I did respond though).

-- Mike --

5. loaded

6. A_Klingon

Hey, not too shabby !! :)

That was pretty good, more fun at least than the daytime soap-operas we get over here.

Oh my, my, my, though, dRD is *soooo* gracious (god love him), and forgiving too in suggesting it's 'ok' to post our drunk posts here. (WoW!) That's *very* bold. And bold, and refreshingly honest too, about the general going-ons of the good folks back in Finland. (I'd *love* to see/understand/be able to read some of those "drunken" Finnish posts made on Friday & Saturday nights that he was referring to).

I think we're in VERY good company here, Paul !! We're "home", big fellah! :)

"Gimme A Brewsky!" <burp>

However, I suggest we let our conscience(s) be a guide here (not that I have one of course), and voluntarily Pay Pal the site as our self-imposed 'punishment' whenever we feel we have been naughty the night before.

Petteri could probably get his new dvd burner quicker that way, and he certainly deserves one.

I though it was so cool too - some time ago he mentioned, that in Finland, they're usually either coding, fu....g, or drinking most of the time. (God I laughed). He's a very honest guy, and he even used the 'shi-' word in that other post! Awesome! MY kinda guy!!!

I think I am in the presence of 'greatness' or something. <hee-hee>

-- Mike --

7. loaded

I get the impression that it would be most hypocritical of dRD to stop drunken posts! Not that I am suggesting that he is drunk when he is working, the very thought sends shivers down the spine of the most hardened ripper ;-) All that I am merely suggesting is that as a Fin, he might ne partial to the odd drink himself and maybe, just maybe, post some dodgy ones on competitors boards!

Actually, I think he must be drunk to run this website. Actually I can just picture it now, after a few beers (maybe double figures) he is in front of his (then) girlfriend and chatting with friends and colleagues and says, hey, what if I went to another country and started a free (!) website teaching people how to copy (ahem, backup) their DVDs, how awesome would that be!

After a few comments over the nest few days, he must have realised that he had to do it now, he could not back down and went ahead with the bold (albeit a mite misguided) idea of doing something for free and allowing people to decide whether they should contribute themselves. Heck, thats like a landlord letting you live in his apartment and then merely suggesting you donate a few dollars/quid/sheckles/groats every now and then. Sounds like complete lunacy to me!

just kidding dRD, you are a swell (if I might borrow that American word) guy and all power to you and the AFTERDAWN website.

Reminds me of a joke (don't know why)

I have a Swedish friend (Swedes as you may be aware are partial to the odd drink) who told me thus:

Have you heard of Finnish fish soup?

Why no, I have never heard of such a dish.

Well, it is a bowl with fishes painted on the bottom, filled with Vodka!

This kind of thing passes for humour (humor) in Sweden, but gives you the idea to the extent Finnish people might take the gentle art of drinking. I was at Globen once (an Ice Hockey Stadium in Stockhold, excellent, by the way) during some Cup about two years ago and the final was between Finland and Sweden. The match (not to mention the boat trip to Helsinki) was absolutely disastrous. I have never seen so many accomplished drunks. I was sure many of these people would not make it through the night and would be found in hallways of emergency rooms city wide with toe tags saying things like:

Dead on Arrival

No Pulse

Blood Type : 40% Proof

But they all woke up bright and early and went to work for Findus and Volvo the next day!

Well this post is way tooooo long, so Ciao!

Paul.