1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHILIPS DVD-RAM SDVD8821 Driver Troubles

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by LegnaRuoy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. LegnaRuoy

LegnaRuoy Member

Hello. Last Christmas I recieved an Acer notebook with a PHILIPS DVD-RAM SDVD8821 built in. A few days ago, I was clearing some things off of the laptop to make extra space, and I'm not sure whether or not I caused the error or not, but all of a sudden:

--When I insert a CD into the drive, it whirs as if the CD is going to read, but then nothing happens.

--When I go to My Computer, drive E does not show up.

--When I go into the properties of my computer, and look up the Phillips CD Rom driver, it says:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Can anyone here help me out? I have tried:

--Defragmenting the computer

--Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

Can anyone advise me of what needs to be done? I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance,
    LegnaRuoy

2. ashish203

ashish203 Member

I am facing exactly the same problem. Can anybody help me out?

3. LegnaRuoy

LegnaRuoy Member

I called customer support for my product, and they told me to search for drivers on the internet from the makers of my operating system. They also told me that, if that didn't work, that I would have to perform System Restore, which is ultimately what I was forced to do. I saved all of my photos to photobucket and all of my text files on Yahoo Notepad, and grieved for the loss of my music. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful.

LegnaRuoy