1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips dvd642 and fansub anime

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by animedrag, Mar 5, 2005.

1. animedrag

animedrag Member

Does anyone here have trouble when viewing fansub anime on the player? What happen to me is that the subtitles are too low, they get cut off by the bottom screen.

2. bruinkat

bruinkat Member

YES! that happens to me too! It is because the image is not meant for tv size I just got this DVD player because everyone says it is the best player to get for AVIS. Is there any way to rectify this? Also I had a problem trying to play certain anime . I got the error "codec not supported" anyway to update firmware to get it to play?

3. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

There is a firmware update out there for it. It does not fix everything and the codec error still comes up once in a while. Also, on some (avi) files the image is distorted but the sound is ok.

4. animedrag

animedrag Member

this is not really the fault of the player though. because I've seen some other anime where the subs were put higher above the bottom screen and they were fine when I play them on the player.