1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips DVDR75 and DVD+R problems

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by HeinL, Sep 25, 2004.

1. HeinL

HeinL Guest

Bought this 6 mths ago. No problems with recording on DVD+R material. Now refuses to record. Says reading and then opening and then ejects disk. This happens even with Philips DVD+R. However no problems with DVD+RW.

Help!

2. srocks

srocks Member

Can anyone help me? I hve just attempted to install a dvdr75 - at first it wouldn't open the tray because it said it was blocked. Now the whole machine is blocked - I can't access the set-up or even turn it off. Any thoughts before I throw it outta the window?

3. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

Try unpluggin it overnight and see if it doesn't free up in the morning.

Have you tried updating the firmware, Mines a DVD 75-17 and I always make sure I'm using the latest firmware.

Just look at the booklet that came with your product to know the official number DVD 75 - DVD 75-17 - etc. The Philips websitee list 14 different DVD 75's.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpproduct_selector.pl?searchtxt=&slg=ENG

enter your model number or click on DVD Players & Recorders and then select DVD Recorders and look over the list for your player. If your looking for the firmware select software and it should go to a downloadable Zip file and open up a pdf file explaining how to flash your DVD recorder.

4. BobP

BobP Member

Go ahead and throw it out the window it makes a better boat anchor than a DVDR. Opps did I say that. I got one of these and found it dropping recordings (just after the waranty period) with no signal message recording over the previous recording, etc... So I switched to a Toshiba RD-XS32 and it never drops anything YEH!!! But the Toshiba won't record HBO to DVD-R/W disks just the harddrive or DVD-RAM BOOOOO!!!! So now I recomend switch to a PC PVR and software like SageTV. The only thing I do on the Toshiba now is transfer VHS tapes to it.

BobP.

5. leiria07

leiria07 Member

I bought my DVDR75/01 one year ago and until now it worked OK, but since yesterday 27 November) it only accepts DVD+RW discs. When I put a new or an unfinished DVD+R the same happens, first "reading" and then "opening tray". Did you solve your problem?