1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHILIPS DVDRW416N Not accepting DVD+R Bulkpaq 4x

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by PM5K, Apr 6, 2005.

1. PM5K

PM5K Member

Hi!
    I currently have a a DVDRW416N DVD+R/W burner. I recently purchased Bulkpaq 4xSpeed DVD+R (White label). I use NERO Burning ROM which i havent had problems with ever but when i burn using these particular DVD+R itll burn with success but come up with Cyclic Redundacy Check when copying files from it. My burner does work cos ive used the datawrite dvd+r on it (yellow label) and it works with no problems so far

does anyone with experience with these know a working firmware update to make it burn my bulkpaq dvd+r's??

thanks for reading

PM5K

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello PM5K, There is no up to date firmware for your philips. My firmware site listed that writer as also being an NEC-ND-1100 oem.

The bulk-pak media you are using sounds like the culprit.

It sounds like you are trying to re-copy from your backups?

Use nero infotool to find the manufacturing codes on those white and yellow label media and post the results.

Also use nero- speed test to scan the successful backups and see if their are any bad spots in it.Look for red sectors in those scans.

3. PM5K

PM5K Member

i thought as much, i used infotools to scan the dvds and no manufacturer ID was found for both media but burner software version is 1.c0 read speed is 10x and write speed is 2.4x. Is there a way of making my burner write to both dvd+ and dvd- medias?

thanks

pm5k

ive done a speed test on the datawrite and theres no red sectors...ill do the bulkpaq later on, its getting a bit late, lol

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

If your burner checks out on that site I looked at,then you can only burn + format only. My father and buddy have the nec 1100a.They use mostly maxell +4x and verbatim data life plus +8x media.

Here's another program you download the free version and has a couple of scan tests on them. One of the tests is a pie/pif test.You can get it here: http://www.dvdinfopro.com