1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips dvp5140 dvd player with Ultra DivX

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by dcmorrow, May 24, 2006.

1. matamoros

matamoros Member

It says on the box I believe that the USB is for jpegs and mp3s

2. rsvirani

rsvirani Member

Thanks for your help. I actually found the answer on cnet's review. You can in fact play avi files, etc. off the usb drive and it works flawlessly, no lip sync issues and just as good as off a disc.

3. koz

koz Member

Hello, how are you?

I recently bought this from Amazon but I tried two HP DVD-Rs and they play as CDs. Any thoughts?

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hello koz....UM whacha buy

5. koz

koz Member

The Philips DVP5140.

6. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

koz..what did U burn..not being chippie..but it U don't try to be a little more informitive.We can't read minds over the Internet.So far to date I've only had problems with the heroes episodes from EZTV,THE 5.1 600megs+.The player only reconizes the sound.350megs are aOK

7. koz

koz Member

Sorry...my friend copied the movie "Lucky Number Slevin". I have no clue what program(s) he used to copy it. What other info u need?

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

koz..What U might be able to do is copy that movie to your harddrive...[DVD Shrink or better yet DVD Decrypter].You can use Decrypter to save as an ISO.Then use Decrypter to reburn the movie
    All this asuming U have the proper programs,GOOD media[DVD],Knowledge ON WHAT HAS TO BE DONE.
    Just make sure U have all these files in your VIDEO_TS FOLDER
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS.01_0.BUP
    VTS.01.0.IFO
    Plus all the VOB's this is the movie

9. koz

koz Member

Thanks but I don't have a pc burner. I'll keep this in mind for the summer when I'll buy a laptop. On the subject of a DVD Decrypter, my DVDx Version 2.4 shuts down when I open the vob file (I used DVD Decrypter to rip the bought DVD). Any ideas why it shuts down?

10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

koz..Mainly its a shitty program..What are U tryin to convert to? Their are definetly better programs out here,for converting.I mostly convert to DivX[AVI].But some D/Ls are kvcd,xvcd,etc,which are quite impressive on quality.Considering a whole movie on 1 CD,not quite as good as AVI.
    Personaly I don't do VCD or SVCD anymore,due to the time eliment & media cost.A DVD is cost effective,and any where from 30 min to an hour I have a nice backup of my DVD

11. koz

koz Member

I convert to an AVI onto my hard drive. What do u use to convert? Is it free to download?

12. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

13. mhudson7

mhudson7 Member

14. mhudson7

mhudson7 Member

JOY TO THE WORLD! I got the 5140 yesterday and find that it does indeed display XVIDs at the correct aspect ratio on my widescreen TV (as opposed to my DVP-642 and my LRA-516). My only disappointment so far is the eject button doesn't work with the power off.

15. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

DrDivX is also free..I've found on ocassion AutoGK will be out of sync..I've not been able to figure out why..I have a friend with the same problem..Mind U it does'nt do it all the time.But it does happen even after reboot.But do the same movie the next day & its ok

16. mhudson7

mhudson7 Member

I know what you mean. It mostly happens whenever there are extra program chains in the title set. Run your rips through FixVTS (http://download.videohelp.com/FixVTS/) and your sync problems will go away. Better yet, use RipIt4Me (http://www.ripit4me.org/) and FixVTS will automatically clean up for you.

17. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

mhudson7..Thanks for the suggestion.I'll definetly try that.I've been scratchin my head for months.HOPE this works.I'll pass this on to my friend too!..Although I have been useing DrDivX & it does a really good job.But its batches & they have to be joined in V Dub.I did find an older version of DrDivx 1.0.6 BUT the serial nu does'nt always hold.reverts back to 15 day trial expired..Been searching everywhere,but it seem I'm not the only one with this problem..Its too bad cause it does do a whole movie,& really nice I must say

18. koz

koz Member

Is Dr Divx just a converter or also a ripper? What version of codec should I use? I have 6.4.0.

19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

koz..DrDivX is just a converter..If U D/L-ed The Dr.& it works then U got the right Codecs..If not just go to DivX & D/L,it looks like U have to D/L the whole kit'n kabuddle ya don't need anythin but the codecs,just uncheck everything U don't need.Watch out for that GOOGLE ad-on

20. koz

koz Member

Awsome, thanx rick5446. Just one more question. How do I change it to an Avi or Mpeg file just in case my DVD player wouldn't accept Divx?