1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips MX3660d DVD/Home theater receiver problem...PLz Help!!

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by luther1, Jun 5, 2005.

1. luther1

luther1 Guest

I have had this home theater receiver for a couple of years now and it seems that right after it went out of warranty, something happened and it started cutting off right in the middle of a DVD movie or even when something was coming through the AUX channel. It just cuts off, the sub makes a thump noise and it wont come back on for a while. I am about to throw this POS out of the window if it cuts off one more time in the middle of movie. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I know that this isnt very good system anyway but i would like to save it if possible, so i dont have to buy a new one.

Thx,

Luther

2. a-vman

a-vman Member

It sounds like the protect circuit is shutting you down. It could be a bad speaker or sub or a bad cable or wire. Start a movie with all speakers removed. Add them one at a time until it shuts down and you've found the culprit. I would check the sub last if it is connected through a RCA cable. Its probably not your problem. If it is a passive woofer that has your other speakers run through it then check it first.
    Hope this helps
    Allen