1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips DVD RW 8631

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Bleck, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Bleck

Bleck Member

Greetings...

I purchased a new Dell PC abouth a month ago and I keep having problems determining what DVD blank media is compatible with my burner. I keep buying media only to find it doesn't work and obviously cannot return the open media to the store. Does anyone have the same drive who knows what brands to use or can anyone direct me to a list where I can see that info. ? I have done searches online but with no luck. Thanks!

2. dev1nsan

dev1nsan Member

Just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat as you, so far I've only tried Fuji and Teon. I bought a 3 pack of Fuji and they work fine but it was only a 3 pack. The Teon's was a 20 pack and I am having nothing but trouble with them, they play fine on the burner but when you play them on a stand alone for a while it starts showing flashes on the screen and it would keep getting worse.
    So did you fine anything that works with the Phillips?

3. Bleck

Bleck Member

Hey!

Thanks for responding.

I have found that TDK DVD+R 4.7 and DVD-R 2.4 work just fine as well as Sony DVD+R 4.7. I have tried HP,KHypermedia, and Verbatim and they all failed. I haven't tried Fuji yet. I would assume Phillips would work well...LOL

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here is a site that has most of the information you are looking for. Once there, click dvd writers on left side, then type in you drive model in the search block. You will need to know who made the drive in your Dell PC.
    http://www.videohelp.com.
    If you don't know drive manufacturer download this tool.
    http://www.dvdinfopro.com.
    Good luck.

Jerry