1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips DVP5982/37 Firmware Hacks

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by xzombiex, Jul 22, 2007.

1. xzombiex

xzombiex Member

Just picked up the Phillips 5982 today. Love it so far. It has true USB 2.0, or at least USB fast enough to not skip on any of the fast action xvids I've tried playing from USB Drives thus far.

The only complaint I have with it is the lack of long filename support. Anyone know of a firmware hack to get around this problem?

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Not as long as U have to use the fat32 file system.This seems to be the only format that is supported at this time,by these Players.NTFS is the format for long file names,but from what I've seen its not reconized by players

3. timmins99

timmins99 Member

I just received a Phillips 5982 for Christmas to replace my Phillips 642. As far as picture and sound goes it's must better but I find the 5982 has a bug the 642 doesn't have.

When playing my 642, if I finished a movie it would jump to the next movie on the DVD disc. For the 5982, the next movie has to be in the same directory for to begin the next movie. It's a real pain because I have to stop the movie and change directories to begin the next movie.

The same applies when using the remote control, pressing NEXT on the 642 would skip the next movie no matter what directory it's in.

Has anyone had the same problem with the 5982's. Can anything be done?

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

timmins99..Why do U put your movies in a Directory.All U have to do is Open that directory & Drag the AVI Movie into your Burn Window.Then the next & next & next,till your disc is full.About 5 to 6 Movies on a DVD,or 1 700meg Movie on a CD