1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos & Video Conversion?

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by Shado36, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I do not know if this is the right place to post aabout this so if its not sorry! A workmate has asked me to copy/convert two discs one with video & one with photos of a vacation. I have tried to play the video one using my normal dvd player/media player but it will not do anything other than scan the disc. He (the owner) wants to be able to play the disc's in his home dvd player (which it will not do). I have no idea as to what to do. The phots disc plays using media player, but he also wants to be able to play this on a normal dvd player. I do not know how new/old his player is & I guess its possible that its and old one that may not play that type of file (does that make any kind of sense? I know both will play on his Dell. Anyone any ideas on this? Thanks!

2. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Just noticed that both are disc's are cd-r's if that helps!

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

No-one any ideas??? It has been suggested to me that they are infact vcd's & that I use a program such as ISO Buster to convert it & then burn to a dvd. I would really like something simple that I can just make a few clicks & it will convert etc. Anyone any better ideas as to what to use? How can I check to see if it actually is a vcd before embarking on this "amusement"?

4. behrad

behrad Regular member

if you looked using file explorer or windows commander at the files on the disk, do you see the typical files and folder formats of a VCD?

first thing is to work out what the heck it is?

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Sounds like a good idea!! I somehow load the pic's or whatever and then I click on the quicktime files and it works but how can i be sure as to what I need?