1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

physical dump error

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cw16496, Apr 2, 2007.

1. cw16496

cw16496 Member

i keep getting the blue screen of death and it keeps telling me I get a physical dump memory error, what the hell is that, i have googled it and i thought i fixed it but i keep getting it, i have windows vista and i have 3 and a half gigs of ram, their is no why in hell i should be getting any kind of memory error, please help.

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

You have not understood the message properly. When an error occurs, and Windows stops with a BSOD, it is normal to make a "dump" of what is in memory. A "dump" is just a list of the contents of the memory. Dumped into a file on your hard disk. A Physical memory dump is a list of the data in your actual (physical) memory at that time. The other kind of memory is "virtual", it is in your swap file on your hard drive.

So you had a blue screen of death. They happen for lots of reasons, too many to guess at here, but the message is not saying you have a memory problem. However, you can have 3 and a half gigs of RAM and still get memory errors.