1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picture is jumpy in spots that have been encoded with rempeg2

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by wheelerdr, Nov 26, 2002.

1. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

i use dvddecrypter to rip and use rempeg2 to encode and ifo edit to remux and neodvde to burn. when i rop a movie and it is smaller than 4.3 gig it plays perfect. but when they are to large and i have to encode with rempeg2 and remux with ifo edit. the picture jumps. almost looks like a satilite loosing signal. you can see the didgital picture scramble and freez than come back together again. i have looked and have not seen this question before if it has been asked sorry.
    please help

2. Galbin

Galbin Guest

I've also noticed this effect on a number of DVD+RW disks-and I've only copied disks that are less than 4.3gig. It seems to relate to the DVD itself...it seems the reflective quality of recordable disks is barely adequate to be readable by stand alone DVD players - some work, some don't, even if they are from the same batch. The same problem used to exist with CD players, where you couldn't reliably read CD-RW disks on car stereos!