1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pinnacle moviebox + premiere

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ringlord, Dec 24, 2003.

1. ringlord

ringlord Guest

greetings and congratulations on a great forum!

i have recently bought Pinnacle Moviebox USB and the only s/w that allows me to capture is the bundled Studio 8. Whenever i try to capture using either Virtual Dub or Premiere...zero...! As if no capture driver is installed....

1. Anyone that can shed light on this matter....? Has it got to do with VFW of WDM...?

2. What are the best practise to work in Premiere (use MJPEG, MPEG, AVI...?)....

Processor: Interl 866MHz
    RAM: 512 SDRAM 133

Thank u in advance....

2. ringlord

ringlord Guest

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

I used to have a Simular Pinncale Capture Box called PCTV Deluxe ,and It was Not a Very good device at all ,It was a Hardware mpeg encoder and it"s quality was Just awefull and I have used a Few USB Devices and None of them have been very good, You are better off sticking with something that is WDM and VFW Compliant....

4. philtrum5

philtrum5 Guest

You might find that the pinnacle device (USB external) have a limited capture screen size (340-255 or similar) so when its displayed full screen (like for VCD) it gets pixelated and blurred slightly, so the quality seems poorer. Played at preview size it looks good though!.

Does anyone know if you can enlarge an Mpeg without losing as much quality??????

5. ringlord

ringlord Guest

indeed the captured frame ratio is somehow limited (352x288) but...sorry to say it...your thread doesn't seem to help with the VFW/WDM pinnacle compatibility issue....

use TMPGEnc utility to experiment with MPEG1/2 bit rate, settings and rate control methods (VBR, CBR etc) as well as filters to achieve the result that fits your needs.

hope that helps answer your question.... ;)