1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 11, Create Chapters without Menus

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by shakim, Aug 26, 2007.

1. shakim

shakim Regular member

I created a video that has menus. The menus have 3 items.

1. intro
    2. body
    3. conclusion

The chapters are 1/2 HR long each. Currently when you click next chapter it goes from 1 to 2 then 3. When you play chapter 1 and click next chapter it goes to chapter 2. Since the video long I created chapters within each part. But it appears as a menus item on the menu. How can I have chapters without including it on the menu. I want to be able to skip through the video.

2. jfrench

jfrench Member

shakim,

Here is one way to do it.

1. Leave your menu the way it is, linking to the Intro, Body, and Conclusion.

2. Create a second menu. This menu will be placed directly after the first menu and before the first video clip. You do not need to link to this menu from the first menu at all, so it will still be functional, but no one will know that it even exists once the DVD is created.

3. It might be best to create a custom menu for the second menu, no text is needed, just buttons. From this menu, link to video content within the 30 minute blocks of the original 3 chapters. This way you can use the skip to the next chapter button on the DVD remote and it will skip to all chapter points you have set, including both menus.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  3. bdizzle

bdizzle Member

Can Pinnacle studio plus 11 be used to edit/splice/ etc... videos that I already have on my computer that are in mpg. avi. and other various formats?

Every time I try to open the videos in pinnacle it says it is not PAL configured or that it cannot open the .avi file

Any and all help appreciated

4. bvregille

bvregille Member