1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle Studio 8 - Sony DW U10A

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dustymay1, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Dustymay1

Dustymay1 Member

Pinnacle have been very responsive but cant come up with an answer to the question why I can use all the programmes capabilities but cant write to the DVD. The movie files are OK on the HDD, in mpeg2 format, but when attempt is made to "create disc" either it stops with an error msg or says it has burnt the disc successfully but there are only VOB files on it which Media Player can`t read. Can anyone help with this problem.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If Studio has rendered the movie then you can just use Nero to burn the files. Use the wizard to navigate to DVD video then drag and drop the VideoTS, BUP and VOB files from the movie and burn. If as you say all the files are not present (only VOB) and you keep getting this then try rendering to MPEG2(DVD) only and not 'create disc'. You will then need to author the disc.

3. Dustymay1

Dustymay1 Member

Thanks for your response. The Pinnacle captures the data from the Camcorder ( Sony PC 100 ) perfectly then the render,and compile are all successful. and I can identify the file e.g. Photoadventure1.mpg on the HDD, and play it on the WinMedia Player.

Nero won`t burn the file until I get the mpeg2 plug in which is on order.

It is only when I try to burn the DVD using the Pinnacle procedure that I get the VOB and IFO files etc., recorded on the DVD, which Pinnacle says is a burn successfully completed

I`ve downloaded, ( and paid for ) the PowerpackDVD 2317 from Cyberlink to try to read these files but after downloading all I seem to have on the Desktop and the HDD is an advertising sheet, and a read-me sheet. But that`s another story so to speak.

4. awesomejt

awesomejt Member

I have used TMPGEnc to convert MPEG2 files to VOB and etc for DVDs. No problems. Although, I'm not sure about the menus. If you create your menus in Studio 8 that will not make it into the MPG file. I'm hoping there is a "make DVD image" type option in Studio 8. I ordered my copy from buy.com and it should be here tomorrow.

5. Dustymay1

Dustymay1 Member

At this point in time I would not say much for Pinnacle Studio 8 OR the technical help available. I was advised to download latest motherboard chipset and graphics card drivers. The Gigabyte Titan doesnt fit in this advice and the retailer, ( a knowledgeable guy ), said if you attempt to mod the chipset theres a good chance of overwhelming the bios and if you blow that the m/board is blown. The graphics card is the latest ATI Radeon 8500 and well able. It is running the latest driver, but I dont see how the graphics driver can stop the DVD Writer from writing the file? Any further advice as to how to obtain "reference driver" (precise URL) would be appreciated. The ATI site doesnt specify.