1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by paddyboy9, Sep 2, 2007.

1. paddyboy9

paddyboy9 Member

Hello all,
    I am presently working with pinnacle version 9.4 but experiencing a lot of problems. Before I go and spend more money on yet another upgrade I would like to post a few questions.
    I am prsently working with windows xp, 1 gb of ram and an external 250 gb external hard drive with usb connection. Pinnacle while easy to navigate around can crash and also I am finding it trouble some adding back round music. My questions are:
    Is it my operating system?
    Would i be better off with an additional internal drive, solely for editing?
    Would the upgrade rectify this?
    Also is the new version compatable with itunes as I have a large itunes library to pull songs from?
    I would be gratful of any dvice as I have spent a small fortune at this stage!
    Regards,

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you need more ram, and use the hard drive inside your system, you will have fewer problems, also turn off any programs off that are running in the backround, also are you using usb 2.0 or 1.0, 2.0 is a lot faster transfer rate, i would use the external drive for my saved projects.