1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 105 intresting problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by devilhunt, May 29, 2004.

1. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

my pioneer 105 has suddenly developed an intresting problem you see i run of multiple copy's of home movies(weddings/parties etc)can create files for burning without a problem but when it comes to the burn time it burns the first copy fine then fails when it try to burn the second copy.the error i get in nero is power calibration failure and in record now dx(my preferd burning software)i get error 10 at sector 800 disc read error command:2a sense:03 asc:73 ascq:03 looked up what error ment and surprise surprise it meams power calibration area error so my first thought was try some other discs same problem again first copy burns fine second copy power calibration error.if you close down the software then re-open it it will burn to the disc it failed with as a second write so basicly what i am saying is that it will burn one copy fine but if you want more than that it fails has anyone got any ideas nothing has changed on the pc from before and it used to run ten copy's off one after the other without a problem do you think that this is the drive failing
    here is some specs for you
    pioneer 105 firm 1.33
    pc. amd xp2000 cpu,2x 60gb ata133 harddrives,512mb pc266 ram
    ritek g04 dvd-r printable discs
    nero version 6.3.1.6
    record now dx 4.61
    any ideas will be greatfully received

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

problem cured by stripping down drive and cleaning laser with cotton bud and isopropanol(as i have done with my ps2 when it has problems reading discs)now worka as good as new!