1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 106D and Ritek Problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by JonNX, Feb 26, 2004.

1. JonNX

JonNX Guest

Hi,
    Just been browsing and saw how helpful people were so thought i'd ask for help to a problem of my own - i've searched through old topics but found nothing.

I have a Pioneer 106D - it was at FW 1.06 and I was burning ritek DVDR- 4- (G04) media happily - except for about 2 out of 25 that had CRC errors. These failed ones burnt fine on Nero 6 but failed data verification.

I have just bought a new spindle of the same media - but each one I try and burn corrupts - many files are accessible but a few are not.I updated the firmware(1.07) in the hope it may fix this - no improvements.

I will be trying some different media soon to see if that helps but the ritek stuff has a good rep and i've been using it fine previously. In my reading here i've seen people suggest going down to Nero 5 which I will also be trying.

I have a spindle of 19 discs left I'd like to be able to use them.....any suggestions or info will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Have you looked at the Nero log file? Sometimes that will help isolate the problem with the burn.
    If you post it here I can read it. They tend to be a bit cryptic and may not help but other times I've been able to figure out what has happened.

A new spindle of media and then burning problems. Hmmm.
    I would be looking at that media before suspecting the drive.
    My Pioneer A-06 worked perfectly untill I replaced it with the A-07.