1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer 107 f/w (aghh)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stewart81, May 12, 2004.

1. stewart81

stewart81 Member

I have a 107 which i flashed to the hacked 1.13 firmware and changed the kernel from a medion to a true pioneer, The problem is that based on what others are saying on this forum I am achieving very poor speeds when ripping and burning a dvd movie. i am using shrink with nero 6 and from start to finish it takes roughly 50 mins . Writing seems ok at 7 mins its all the rest that takes forever. DMA is enabled. Is there settings in any programmes that I possibly need to apply?

2. Braxas

Braxas Member

The Transcoding phase of Shrink will take some time depending on the amount of compression needed for a DVD Backup it will go up from there. Of course, this will go faster depending on the speed of your hard drives (7200 vs 5400rpm, caches etc...) to processor speed/bus speed/ram speed. Post your system specs but I'm sure you'll be within range considering the computer. For instance, I have a Athlon XP1800+ on a MSI K7T Turbo2 (KT133A chipset) with 2 40 gigabyte 7200RPM hard drives installed at UltraATA100 (UDMA5). Of course, the PC133 SDRAM (512 megs) is a bottleneck as well as the chipset itself. For instance, I backed up the Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 1 discs and I did deep analysis on Nero Recode 2 for one of the discs. Took like 1 hour and 50 minutes for that one backup because of the intense amount of compression and 4x burn time.

It all varies depending on the system. I know my dad on his P4 2.4 gigahertz machine with a 800 megahertz FSB and nice fast hard drives took about 50 minutes to burn that same backup. My old dinosaur does fine in comparison but it just does it a little slower. :)

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The other big effect on time is the type original movie. A DVD 5 single layer movie I can rip at up to 14X with my hacked Pioneer 106. A DVD 9 Dual layer movie will only rip about 6x or 8X.

Jerry

4. colw

colw Active member

It is better to aim for quality and reliabily rather than speed and you will get better results and less coasters.

50 mins to rip and burn is very reasonable

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

50 mins to rip and burn, without compression is very poor. However, if you are compressing using the Deep Analysis option, then it is much better.