1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 107 region settings

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by HappyDVD, Mar 7, 2004.

1. HappyDVD

HappyDVD Guest

Hi All

I am new to all this DVD burning malarkey but seem to have got things working thanks to a lot of info from this forum…. Great advice and info guys thanks.

So here’s the scenario:
    PIII 80Mhz; 512Mb RAM; 160Gb HD; Pioneer 107; Win XP.

I have installed the upgrade firmware 1.10 using DVRFlash I installed both firmware’s, not sure exactly what this was all about but it seems to have worked OK as the firmware out the box was 1.9 its now 1.10 I did this principally to make the drive multi-region.

I have an application called DVDInfoPro, which correctly identifies my drive and reports the firmware as v 1.10 the region code as ALL and the Region Control as RPC-1.

Under the <Advanced> <DVD Region> tab for the DVD Drive Windows reports:
    Current Region 2
    Changes Remaining 1

So my question, is the drive multi region and if I change the region or play a R1 disk on the drive am I in danger of getting the drive locked on R1?

I should add that before I applied the firmware patch the drive was set to R2 and Changes Remaining was at 4, I have never actually changed the region or attempted to play anything other than R2 or region free disk.

Thanks in advance for any help/info/comment you may be able to offer.

2. ROAR

ROAR Member

I have pretty much the same question. Same drive. and Same method.

Went to a 1.10 firmware with no region code while on a previous OS.
    Had the expected 4 or 5 changes remaining then, a few days ago.
    Installed XP, and in the device settings for the drive under DVD Region it says 2 changes remaining, and after putting a dvd in (first one on the drive) it now says 1 change remaining.

I realize that the OS, as well as the drive and software, control the DVD region allowed. I would like to know where XP is getting that number? DVDInfoPro says N/A for changes left, but right there in XP on the same properties page it says that number is dependant on the drive, not the OS (reinstalling OS or moving drive will not reset the number).

So if anybody else has XP and any DVD drive with no region firmware maybe they could post what they find.. or even better if somebody could explain what XP is thinking/doing.

Thanks,

Roar.