1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 107 writes at 8x on all the quality 4x Media including Princo 4x..Yahoo!!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by dipu, Feb 9, 2004.

1. dipu

dipu Member

2. karatone

karatone Regular member

How does this flash affect burning certified 8X media? I'd like to know the specifics about this flash before I chance changing the OEM settings in such a new drive, please keep us posted on any further details regarding this mod. It would be a way of saving $$$ unless the sucsess rate is under 99% and if quality is not effected in any way. please be more specific about the programs you are using,and exactly what you burned at 8X ( movie back-up, data,audio or?) these details would let us know if this patch will work for only some or all applications, keep us posted, thanks

3. narrw

narrw Guest

with this flash willthe 107 write to +r media at 8x even with 4x media?(ricoh)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2004
  4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I can verify that the patch works, though it did have me wondering for a while. Wouldnt urn at start, but that may be because i changed my drive settings.

5. karatone

karatone Regular member

Oriphus, what type media are you using? and aren't the correct settings for this drive Ultra DMA mode 2? What are your results for movie back-ups with the patch? I plan on getting this drive this weekend and would like to know if I should pick up more 4X minus media so I too can burn 4X media at 8X. I've been using Ridata minus media(Riteks) for awhile and the price will surely drop once the 8X media starts to saturate the market. If this patch truly works without any problems I'll hop on the bandwagon and save myself enough $$$ to replace my A06 too. I'll have both of my machines equipped with A07 drives, whoohoo! thanks to Tammy for buying my 6 month old A05!

6. dipu

dipu Member

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi Karatone, stil cant burn my Traxdata at more than 6x at the minute, but the RiDATA purple top grade A's, from www.digitalprommo.co.uk are burning just great at 8x. Will be testing the transfers and quality soon. Will update you tomorrow. They do play fine in the DVD players, but im going to do a few more extensive tests on various speeds before notifying. Burnt a couple of Princo Datawrites yelow tops at 6x, skippy chapter points.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  9. karatone

karatone Regular member

Alright Oriphus, I'm convinced! thanks for the info. (hot tip) I can't wait to pick up this new drive and patch it. I don't quite understand how to install the different patches ,but I noticed in the thread there is a Windows XP patch that has all the needed patches bundled together. What is the easiest way of installing these patches ? I noticed that typing in a DOS command may be needed. I'm getting better with my PC knowledge but some of instructions had me a bit confused.If I install the package of patches ,are there any helpful steps to follow to make it painless? Also,after the region patch is installed ,what other settings to my PC need to be changed to make the drive work region free? sorry for all the Questions ,but if I didn't trust your word I wouldn't ask you. thanks again !

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You dont need to worry about a DOS command. If your DVD Writer is designated Drive letter G:\ then come back to me and ill explain how to change it, if you dont already know that is. The XP one you just double click and it does it for you.

11. karatone

karatone Regular member

Oriphus, so my Hard drive is :C my DVD rom(reader) is :D and my Pioneer recorder should be : G drive right? Do I need to change something using this configuration? Will the flash upgrade go through steps asking which drive needs to be flashed so I can select? So the XP firmware package loads everything needed in one shot? Sounds pretty simple,but I'll let you know if I need more guidance once I get the drive . thanks

12. karatone

karatone Regular member

Oriphus, I picked up my 107 drive yesterday and just installed it. XP identified it right away drive as drive :E you said it needs to be drive :G could you explain why and how this is done? I want to flash the drive with the XP Flashman firmware package.I've been trying to acsess his page with no luck at all,did the page get taken down? Anyways, if you could hold my hand through the flash procedure I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks again!

13. alangrw

alangrw Guest

Just right click on the dos shortcut, click on properties and change the path from G to whatever your drive is!

14. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I flashed my A-07 and had to change the drive letter to the one that shows in explorer, this is how I did it.
    Extract the files.
    Right click on the cloud and lightning icon.
    Select properties from the menu.
    Select the Program tab.
    On the Cmd line:, find "G" and change it to the correct letter, corresponding to your drives location.
    Go back and click on the icon and follow the instructions.
    Enjoy your 8 minute burn!,
    Frank

15. mattym

mattym Member

I have a problem burning Bulkpaq Orange 4 Speed at 4X speed now I have upgraded the firmware it will only burn them at 2.4X Speed

I use Nero 6.0303 or Record Now Max 4.5

Any help please !!

16. karatone

karatone Regular member

thanks Frank,I got the firmware installed last night with great results so far.As far as Media goes ,I only use Ridata (Ritek) media so I haven't had any media problems to speak of. thanks!

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ah, was about to give instructions, glad you got it done.

Record Now max seems to have difficulties recognising the Pioneer DVR107 with the firmware hack...

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

19. karatone

karatone Regular member

No problem Oriphus!I'm using Nero 6.0 OEM version and it works fine ,and today I also installed Padus Discjuggler Pro 4.0 to see what speed it would allow my Pioneer to record at using Ritek 4X media. It allows 8X on both programs. I'm not sure if one will work better than the other ,but I'll probably run some tests this weekend,thanks

20. rikwebb

rikwebb Guest

Guy's

Just seen that Pioneer have released today R107D_FW110.EXE !!
    Does anyone know what this gives us?
    I cannot find any information or detail regarding what changes they have made.

Cheers

Rik