1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 107 writes at 8x on all the quality 4x Media including Princo 4x..Yahoo!!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by dipu, Feb 9, 2004.

1. yellows

yellows Member

Hello people, I just installed the new firmware on the Pioneer 107. It is awesome. It let me rip a movie at 12X. It was single layer DVD but it only took about 5 minutes to do it. Thats great! I had some Ridata G04 and some cheap no name disk left. These no name generic disk didnt even have media codes on them. I' ve got about 25 of these no nomaes left so I thought that I woudl try and burn at 8X on these no names and see if it works. I have read the Ridata's willl burn flawlessly at 8X. So after only 8 minutes, the no name was done burning. To my surprise, it works dine on all my DVD players in the house. No problems at all. Now I am not suggesting that you guys should you cheap 4X media and burn it at 8X, but it seems to work for me. So there you have it guys. This firmware rocks. Thanks alot for putting me onto this firmware.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Glad it works for you, but i would tend to use the RiDATA more than the no names.

FasFrank - the power calibration error is a media caused problem. Try changing media :)

3. yellows

yellows Member

I agree that good quality media like Ridata is the way to go. I was just experimenting with the left over cheap media I have. I just got a spindle of the Ridata so I 'm trying to use up these cheap no names on experimenting and burning non-important stuff. The ripping at 12X is great too. I never thought about it before but its really handy being able to rip that fast.

4. dipu

dipu Member

So, Guys!! all thanks to Nil and flashman!! that is really gread job rip the movie at 12x. And all the cheap media burn at 8x including unbranded media,Arita,Eka..all kind cheappy shit it burns at 8x. One of my friend was joking about pioneer ofcourse with hacked firmware/patch that it burns everything everything at 8x even a Plain paper shit:p..lol

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Oriphus,
    The disc I had the power calibration problem with was just some crap I had laying around, I think it came with a burner I had bought a while back.
    Asking any non 8X media to burn at 8X is asking a lot. If I had a stack of these discs and wanted to burn them, I would set the burn speed down to the normal rating for this media.
    But I'm going to stick with the Memorex -Rs (as I have a stack of them) They are burning just fine at 8X. I'll be getting Ritek next, I have not tried them yet.

Burning at 8X is awesome! The Pioneer sounds like a turbine engine and the disc is nice and warm after the burn. You can hear the burner change from 6X to 8X, 20% into the burn.

Cheers,
    Frank

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah thats right you can. If you look at the disc afterwards you will see a small ring about a cm or two in that shows when it changed from 6x-8x. RiDATA burn great at 8x for me. I'll let you all know when i receive the Ritek Traxdata 8x DVD+R discs from Ritek Corp and have a look at them.

7. RSM61

RSM61 Guest

Pioneer say's after you flash say to FW110 you can't go back to previous version FW105 or FW109. My question has anyone tried to flash drive backward. I have used hacked 105 and you can flash up to pioneer's 109 or 110 where mine is now using the DVDFLASH from DOS Prompt. Could not use the UPGVD.exe though said drive not supported.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Is your drive letter G: or something else? You can get firmware reversal programs, flashman's website has one.

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Lets see if I can remember.. I got the burner, did the Flashman 1.05 flash. On the 20th I looked at the 1.10 Pioneer flash that needs to done in DOS and decided against that one, I went to Flashman's site did his 1.10 flash. I didn't like it because I couldn't burn at 8X, so I flashed back to the hacked 1.05 again and can burn -R at 8X again.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Same as myself - though you will notice most likely that it burns the start of the disc at 6x, then after a minute or so jumps to 8x

11. RSM61

RSM61 Guest

Well as someone else said I like living on the ege first installed the 1.05 hacked my drive it came with the pioneer FW1.05 tried using recordnowdx 6.51 would do lead-in then at approx 1/3 way just stop at 6x or 8x after 2 coasters using ritek G04's and dissapointed decided to flash back to pioneer's official FW1.10 just released just to see what would happen,well back to limited 4x speed, my need for 8x speed was overpowering reflashed back to the 1.05 hacked and after reading the group found that Nero seemed to be the software of choice 6.3.0.3 have burned at both 6x and 8x using the ritek they both worked without any problems.I'm using 15k SCSI NTFS drive and Nero buffer stayed full burn time 10:35 for 6x and 9:06 for 8x. Thanks for all the group help explaining that you can flash backward although I would not recommend for the faint of heart and I'm through until the FW1.10 is hacked. I would like to here if anyone is using some other software with success.
    The range or computer's what choices.

Thanks

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Full burn time for 8x should be around 7.30mins on my comp anyway.

13. Preyzuess

Preyzuess Regular member

6x takes me aprox 10:30 and 8x at around 8 mins. Using Ritek 4x -r media.

14. grambo

grambo Member

Now sending the Normal part:
    0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
    |============|============|============|============|
    Please hold your breath for about 30 seconds...

Could not send the Flash command (Sense: 05 24 00)

---------

hehe tried it again and it worked! woo!
    Is what happens when i flash.
    My drive is on E:
    any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Drive letter has to be G: