1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 112D crazy problem.....

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by fr037, May 20, 2007.

1. fr037

fr037 Member

Hi!!

I recently purchased a Pioneer 112D burner and here is my problem i am able to read dvd and burn them, i am able to read cd but cannot burn them!!!

When i put a blank cd in the drive the light of my dvd burner stay's on for 1-2 minutes and then nothing.

I tried 2 thing :

1- Took my dvd burner plug it in a pc i have at the office with windows XP to see if it works. Installed my copy of nero ( the same that i used at home).... Tadam it does work, with the same cd-r i use at home.So i taught it might be a software issue...

2- I FORMATED my pc..... didn't install any burning software, same problem as before, blank cd-r will not be recognized by my burner..... ( I use windows intergrated burning to test)

So now i don't know what to do!!!!!!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Run the Nero Info Tool and look at the configuration to make sure that 'DMA' is shown turned on for the Hard Drive(s) and DVD burner.

http://www.iomagic.com/downloads/utilities/NeroInfoTool_207.zip

Uninstall the drivers using the device manager, reboot and let Windows re install them.
    My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>DVD/CD Rom and uninstall the burner.

Check for firmware update:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_result.php?kaj=1&isces=AOPEN+DUW1608/ARR

Put the drive information from Nero in the search box.

Last edited: May 20, 2007
  3. k123k123

k123k123 Member

I had the same problem with my 112D, although when I tried it in another PC it still behaved the same. I got a replacement drive, same model, and had similar problems. I even tried using Pioneer's latest firmware (1.15).

I've noticed a few others who've posted about similar issues with the 112D, might be worth reading some of those threads.

I'm using Win XP and Nero.

Just thought I'd post to say you're not alone.