1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer A04 DVD ripping trouble

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andyman32, Jul 19, 2002.

1. andyman32

andyman32 Member

Hi,please could you help me,i have just purchased a pioneer A04 and followed one of your burning guides to rip and burn >smartripper & ifoedit and split to 2 dvdrs,everything went fine but when i came to play the resulting dvdr's in my standalone pioneer dv525 player a message comes on the tv screen saying "cannot play dvd"? am i doing something wrong ,thanx in advance for any help..................

2. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

I know this world of dvd backup is very frustrating as i have spent many a night encoding , burning etc with alot of success and alot of coasters but i have found one site very good which is http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/derrow try this site and see how you get on with the faq's and try downloading differnet software ( i use dvdencryptor followed by ifoedit rempeg2 if crunching required then ifoedit again ) then i use the burning software supplied with my panasonic drive Good Luck !!!

3. andyman32

andyman32 Member

ok thanks for your help ,i'll see if i get anywhere :) cheers!

4. andyman32

andyman32 Member

I AM USIN WINXP ,IS THIS OK?

5. neil_sue

neil_sue Guest

yes it is ok i am using winxp pro. with an amd 1800+ , I get the odd occasion with xp and an illegal operation but that you have to live with ( yes i have run update ). some people say running 98se is the better operating system but give xp a little time for the update packs to come out and we will all be loving it. or you could have a dual operating system if your hard drive is big enough! Good Luck