1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer A07 Firmware 1.18 info needed

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by TR47, Sep 18, 2004.

1. TR47

TR47 Member

Hello.. I need some info pertaining to the above. I am currently still running the 1.05 hack firmware so I can write at 8x to all media (it actually starts at 6x then moves to 8x about 15% into the burn). I have been able to find the firmware just fine, but no info as to whether or not the issue regarding burning at 8x has been resolved with this firmware release. Can anyone offer info on this firmware's capabilities? I don't want to upgrade only to find it won't burn at 8x on Ritek/Taiyo Yuden 8x discs!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

This is not an issue -- Pioneer has what is called a progressive algorithm built-in the firmware -- It samples the quality of the burn as it progresses and ups the speed to your media capacity --- if the burn is within tolerance for errors.

3. TR47

TR47 Member

While I appreciate the reply, it doesn't answer my question-I need a list of media compatibilities with the 1.18 firmware.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

What issue ??

The SECOND part of your post is about media -- Should'nt you post in the MEDIA Section of the Forum ?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2004