1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer A105 DVD-R Burner Problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JMAPUK, May 25, 2003.

1. JMAPUK

JMAPUK Guest

Hi I have brought the above burner and have now got the problem that the OS thinks the DVD Burner can only burn CD's my OS is Windows XP, can anyone explain why it is doing this I am using Nero 5.5.9
    Thanx

2. oo7texas

oo7texas Member

upgrade to the latest version of nero..see if that does the trick...also, can you play dvd movies on the drive with say windvd or some dvd media player? if so..then its the burning software.

3. JMAPUK

JMAPUK Guest

I can confirm that I can play movies on the pioneer also I can play movies on the Ricoh combie CDRW/DVD Rom drive I am now wondering whether or not the 2 drives maybe conflicting with each other

4. oo7texas

oo7texas Member

i think you need the latest version of nero and when you do on the top right where the drive is shown you can click there and select between the two..at least thats how mine is...im running winxp, a samsung cdrw drive,a cendyne105,windvd, and nero...i think i had problems w/my nero until i upgraded.

5. JMAPUK

JMAPUK Guest

Thanks for your advise I am going to call nero tomorrow and ask for the latest as the version I got with the DVD burner was 5.5.9 and i think the latest is 5.5.10 I'll let you know, just on the off chance is there any other burning software I could try with my drive?

6. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Recordnowmax is very compatible and easy to use.

You can obtain it at www.orlogix.com - and download a trial version to try it out.

I love it.

7. twinke

twinke Member

I have the Pioneer 105 with Nero Express version 5.5.9.19. I was unable to burn dvd's when I first got mine. The solution for me was to click configure, 'expert features' tab, and then put a checkmark in the 'Enable Image Recorder for all supported recorder formats'. Well, that's what worked for me, hope it helps

Last edited: May 26, 2003
  8. optimus

optimus Guest

You can download the latest version of nero from their website which will update your current version.

9. JMAPUK

JMAPUK Guest

Just another thought could my problem be a bios problem I am running on a dell Dimension 4300 that is about 1.5 years old, any more help would be good

10. joblow

joblow Guest

Try RecordNowMax instead of Nero, RecordNowMax make your DVD movies backups more compatibles on a wider range of DVD players. Nero it's bullshit and gave me so many headaches before I switched to RecordNowMax.

11. JMAPUK

JMAPUK Guest

It's Fixed - its offical nero is CrAp - i used recordnow max and i am happly burn to my hearts content !!!!!!!!!wooo hooo, thanks for all your help guys!!!!!