1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIONEER BDR-XD07B PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by drr53, Apr 8, 2022.

1. drr53

drr53 Member

I bought this burner. My computer recognizes it and I can play DVD's with the VLC player. I can burn DVD's with a couple of other burning programs that I have but they don't do editing. I want to burn and edit a dvd using Nero Classic but I keep getting "insert blank disc" when there is a blank disc in the burner. I use Verbatim discs. I currently use a Samsung BD burner and it works fine. What is the problem? Does this burner recognize Nero Classic software? I like Nero Classic. I know how to use it, it does everything that I need and want to keep on using it without upgrading.

Thanks

2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

First, open Burning Rom and select Cancel. In Help, About................, what is the version number? Also, where did you purchase your version?

Also, what is your operating system?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  3. drr53

drr53 Member

I bought is new on Ebay a long time ago. It came with the download disc which I used to install the software. It has always worked fine with a Samsung writer. Nero is not doing any updates on this version anymore as it is too old. It could be that is the problem. It doesn't recognize the Pioneer burner though I have other programs older than the Nero and it works.

I am using Windows 10.

Thanks

4. drr53

drr53 Member

The Version in the Burning Rom is 18.0.19000. But I don't tend to use the Burning Rom much. I mostly use Nero Video since I can edit in that.

5. drr53

drr53 Member

So, I was just trying some different things and it does work. Not sure exactly why it wasn't working before but I tried a few times and each time was good. So, I seem to be OK. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for your help.

6. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Thanks. I'm at a disadvantage since my copies of v16 through v2021 are on a currently dead computer so I can't verify if you have the latest version unless I ask my friends at Nero. The version of Burning Rom is usually the version of the suite. I think there was only one update to your Nero version. Don't know if you've tried the check for updates.

I asked where you got it because sometimes people buy Nero at places like Ebay, like you did, and the serial number might have been previously used. In that case, you might encounter problems like you described (and many more). Similarly, OEM versions are normally limited in what they can do.

I'm glad it's working. If you encounter additional problems in this regard, please come back and we can try to work it out.

7. drr53

drr53 Member

I always check for updates and do have the latest version. I knew that wasn't it.

I have a feeling that I was being stupid. I have my Samsung burner plugged in as well as the Pioneer and, stupidly, I think I didn't change the output on the Nero burn page to the Pioneer. I think it was already on the Samsung which had no disc in it so I got the insert disc message. Really dumb on my part.

Thanks again.

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Don't you hate when that happens. LOL

I forgot I have all the installation files for every version of Nero since v8. However, the
    version number of the installation files don't usually match the actual version of Nero. The
    last installation file for your version was 18.0.083. There was also a quick fix installation file
    for a problem with .jpg files. The content pack has it's own installation file.