1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer burns everything but dvd movies

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by buuf, Nov 6, 2004.

1. buuf

buuf Member

My pioneer dvr-108 has trouble burning movies but not anything else. I use ritek ridata g04 dvd-r and burned all movies with dvd decryptor. The movie either doesn't play in my dvd players or skips and freezes but it burns fine. All the dvd's I burned play in the burner but not anywhere else. What should I do?

2. miket728

miket728 Member

I have a pioneer dvr-108 and have no problem with any movies I have backed up! In fact I haven't made a bad back up yet. I use ritek ridata G05 disc at 8x dvd-r. Try burning it at no higher than 4x speed. The movies seem to come out better when burned at slower speeds.

3. linville

linville Member

I bet it starts skipping about the last third of the movie on. I had the same problem with a pioneer 106d. Turned out that I needed to unplug all the useless stuff from the power supply like lights, fans, ect. If that doesnt work you might need a larger power supply.

4. buuf

buuf Member

I'll try some different media before I do anything else. I burned all my movies at 2 and sometimes 1 and they are still screwed up. Once in a while they'll work but for the most part no go.How would the power supply have anything to do with backups? Every other backup I burn works great except movies.

5. linville

linville Member

It's your call.