1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer drive ejects movie dvds

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by lcskumar, Dec 8, 2004.

1. lcskumar

lcskumar Member

I have a Pioneer DVD-ROM 105 (slot type) which can play CDs but does not play movie DVDs - in fact it simply ejects the DVD without any reason. However, it can read regular DVDs. And the same movie dvd plays well in my home theatre system. I have Win XP with PowerDVD, so I don't think its a codec or driver problem.

Any thoughts, folks? Help would be much appreciated!

2. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

explain what you mean by 'regular DVDs'

3. lcskumar

lcskumar Member

I meant regular DVD roms (the kind distributed by computer magazines). I don't know if DVD roms and movie DVDs are structurally different, but my DVD drive can read roms but ejects the movie dvds.

Anyways, do you have any idea why a dvd would be ejected like that?

4. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

DVD-ROMs are basically data discs. DVD videos have VOBs and the related files. I don't understand why this is happening, but do you have some programs running that could affect the IDE channels? Or that affects the drives themselves? Try closing them and ending their processes, and then see if it still happens. You could also check it's media compatiblity by using Nero InfoTool, available here: http://www.freewebs.com/daemonzx66/InfoTool.exe