1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pioneer dvd 105 firmware how to

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by agenda, Jul 9, 2003.

1. agenda

agenda Member

how do i upgrade my firmware to 1.33?
    i can find the file on pioneers website, but they dont give me any exe to run it against.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. easydisk

easydisk Guest

go and have a look at http://www.dvd-recordable.org, go to downloads, then firmware.
    once downloaded, make sure u disconnect from the 'net', nothing is in the 105, no other progs are running, and then double clik the 'upgrade.bat' file u just downloaded.
    i have done 8 105's and every one a winner!!!!!!!!

3. agenda

agenda Member

thanks dude!
    im on it.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

THis is the upgrade i have on my Pioneer. Now its multiregional and rips at 6x instead of 2x. You also dont have to close down any programs or anything.

http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/

Its 2/3 down the page.

Chris

5. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

1.33 ?
    i thought the latest 105 firmware was 1.30 or am i wrong ?

6. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Beyond the 6X speed ripping (which I never bother with, why wear down the burner with ripping when you can rip it 16X with a cheap ass dvd rom) what is the big pull for upgrading to 1.33 for the 105?

7. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

ok, i have just upgraded to 1.33 from 1.30, will i see any difference ? what does it do ?

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It will make your drive region free and will increase the read speed from 2x to around 6x with a maximum of 12x reading. It does a lot

9. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Not knocking the firmware or anybody, but if you rip from a dvd rom (at 16x) why would you bother upgrading the firmware?

If you don't read from the pioneer you won't need it to be region free...

Just my 2 cents.

10. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

i didn't work on mine. I can't rip any faster than 2-4x i have fw 1.33 and it used to go faster, but for some reason it just stopped. I have a dvd-rom drive i use to rip now.

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I agree Tosca, but i only have enough power suplpy for two drives since i have two 80GB hard drives installed. I have a 52X CDRW that i like to keep for CD Burning. The firmware upgrade lets me rip an average of 7x. I used this one:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/pioneer_firmware_upgrades.htm

Chris

12. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

yeah i have 3 drives a dvd rom a dvdw/r and a cdw/r i only use my dvdr for dvd writing, im pc, is also an htpc, so it needd to be running well at all times,
    i will have to get a pci ide slot card as i want an additional hdd,
    anyway i put the 1.33 in and it still worls fine, im a little aprihensive about firmware, but this was frim pioneer, so alls fine.

13. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I had the same problem rob. What I did is I bought a PCI-IDE-RAID card except didn't do RAID, I just use the 2 ide channels it made available to me. I have 3 HDD's, 120GB, 80GB, and 30GB for my OS. I also have DVR-105, TEAC-CDRW540, and Creative 12X PC-DVD. and i still have 2 ide slots open. the card only cost me like 15$ on pricewatch.com