1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-106D Faults

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Samantha, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Samantha

Samantha Member

Ok I'm sick of searching for the above mentioned DVD burner to find its faults.
    So........if anyone has this writer and has had problems with it could you please write them here, i'm about to throw mine at a brick wall.....
    Mine is reading as a CD drive in "my computer" and says all BLANK DVD's are FULL.
    It did this last week so I reformatted, but today it started to do it again!!!

Thanks ladies and jelly beans :)

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Firstly what does
    really mean??????????I am intrigued.........

I have a 106D, using XP, just upgraded from a very very reliable 103 and have no problems at all......

I use Recordnow DX to burn and again encounter no problems......

I think you are using Nero - correct?????

If so what version is it?

Also what Operating system are you running, not 98 by any chance?

3. capt45

capt45 Member

I have a dvr-a06u and I couldn't be happier. I have the lastest firmware which is 1.07 I believe.The only thing I have noticed is that the 106 seems to burn -r's better than +r's.

4. Samantha

Samantha Member

Apparently XP updates like to throw everything upside down :(

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

capt - that would be right - it has a greater compatibility with DVD-R since the DVR106 is really a DVD105 with the +R recording facility added on to it. In fact, you could actually alter your DVD105 to record +R also, but that is pretty hard to do, but in theory it should work. I know someone who has done it from another forum. It wont be as compatible with the +R format. Its similar with the sony recorders, they are generally +R recorders with an added facility of -R. They will work better on +R discs.

6. Riri60

Riri60 Member

Hello,
    I've problem too... but with DVD-r or -rw (+ work fine !) My Pioneer can't finalize any dvd ! And there is no relation with the format (DVD-video, DVD-data) or the quality (verbatim, tec...). If you have any idea...