1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer DVR-107D

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by herman55, Apr 19, 2005.

1. herman55

herman55 Member

I hae retrieved the latest firmware (1.21 and am on 1.10) and when I attempt to install it, it says "1 target device found, do you want to update all drives". I click on yes and it quickly pops up this message "0drives have been updated successfully". In the DOS popup window that comes up concurrently it says "Current Revision, PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D 1.10 04/02/12, Current Signature=GENERAL, Disc is inserted into DVD-RW, Please remove disc, 0Drives have been updated successfully".

Do you know what would be the cause of this false error message. There is no disc in the drive and I have restarted the computer several times. I tried earlier revisions (1.12, 1.15) all with the same results

Thanks

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

herman55,
    Welcome to the forum. Yeah, Pioneer does that w/ the message. Answer No and then it will ask you which drive to update and you will point it to the 107 drive and then you should be able to update it w/ the new firmware. Evidently your other drive is not a Pioneer

3. herman55

herman55 Member

Thanks for your quick response. Trouble is I don't have another drive. Just the Pioneer. However, I clicked on no and it reverted to the correct drive, but it still comes back telling me that 0 drives are updated and that there is a disc in the drive that needs to be ejected.

I'm stumped!

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

herman55,
    You might try uninstalling the Drive in Device Manger and then re-booting the computer to let Windows find the drive . The do the flash. You are doing the Windows flash that does not require you to insert a disk??