1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer dvr-108 ejecting dvd during burn

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by spastro, Apr 7, 2005.

1. spastro

spastro Member

Hey all.

Befor i start just wana appologise if this is not in the right forum.

I have a problem with my pioneer dvr-108 dvd burner.
    Last week i bought myself a packet of new dvd disks. I have never used the brand "Laser" befor but know that the brand generally make good products so i wanted to give them a try.

I finished using the old disks that io had at home, i dont remember what they were called, they were very cheap.
    After i finished using the old dvds i decided to upgrade the firmware on the dvdburner to the latest version.

I tried burning a one of my movie projects for uni with nero vision express 3 and it compleatly trancscoded the avi file and during the burn process the dvd just ejected during the process. It happens pritty much every time. I have tried a diffrent burning program. and had the same problem. Dvd shrink however seems to work.

I dont know if the dvds are just crappy or if the firmware upgrade that i got from the official pioneer site was any good or if it broke my burner. Is thier any way to find out whats going on?

Thanx in advance.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

The only thing I can think is have you tried the drive in another PC, have you tried different media, verbatim, ritek etc.. Not sure about this. Except that there is obviously some kind of error in the burn process. Is your PSU up to the job? I am really clutching at straws now!!